Young ones and the Motorhome...

jimbo858

Okay, I've got two little ones (aged 18months and 3yrs old). I've always wondered... How safe are MH's for little ones when driving around? Especially, the old Toyota motorhomes. When I was young our family had an old Dolphin (w/a free floating rear axle) and I've got the itch to get one now... TIA!

Okay, I've got two little ones (aged 18months and 3yrs old). I've always wondered... How safe are MH's for little ones when driving around? Especially, the old Toyota motorhomes. When I was young our family had an old Dolphin (w/a free floating rear axle) and I've got the itch to get one now... TIA!

Jimbo - I've got an 87 Mini Cruiser and I take my 6 and an 8 year old out all the time. The dining area has seatbelts but they are a joke. I am not an expert when it comes to safety but I can't imagine what would happen in a roll-over or a side impact. My niece is a year and she rides in a rear facing car seat up front with me because it's the safest place (no airbags). My parents, back in the day, let us rome free in the back of the Pacer and I'm still here - lucky I guess. I'm just a bit more cautious when I'm driving the Mini Cruiser.

Jimbo - I've got an 87 Mini Cruiser and I take my 6 and an 8 year old out all the time. The dining area has seatbelts but they are a joke. I am not an expert when it comes to safety but I can't imagine what would happen in a roll-over or a side impact. My niece is a year and she rides in a rear facing car seat up front with me because it's the safest place (no airbags). My parents, back in the day, let us rome free in the back of the Pacer and I'm still here - lucky I guess. I'm just a bit more cautious when I'm driving the Mini Cruiser.

thanks for the reply. yeah.. that's what I remember back in the day. roaming free in the back of the Dolphin! oh those "safer" gold old days. j/k. I was actually about 8'ish I think when we had the Dolphin. And from my vague recollections the seat belts weren't very good. We only used them every now and then when driving through Los Angeles (stop and go, stop and go). Yeah. Maybe I'll wait alittle longer.

thanks again for the reply.