COACHMAN 22'er

ManyCrows

Anyone on here have a Coachman Toy Home? I'm 3 days from having one delivered (this Sat.) and begining to get cold feet!

After reading/hearing all the axle horror stories, am NOW told to stay away from the Coachmen M/H's on the Toy. chassis as they are way too heavy!

Had an early model Toy. M/H many years ago (piece of 14/16'JUNK) with the twin rear wheels merely bolted together. After a few weeks of use (this was a used unit), I found myself entering the interstate entrance ramp and watching my rear tire nearly pass me by! Bolts sheared right off the wheel. I realize that this newer (86) model is not the same JUNK that I had but still....it does not have the heavy, 6-lug front wheels.

Any help here? I just sold a 24' M/H because of the gas mileage and really want to give this Toyota a shot; not really thinking that all Toyota's are bad.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Its not so much a bad brand of Toy MH, as it just bad individual ones.

An 86 would have had the bad axle, but should have been up graded in the recall. My 86 has the 5 bolt front and the six bolt full floater rear. Just check your rear axle, better yet call and see before your new one is delivered.