Camper lights?

Guest cstevejohn

Guest cstevejohn

I just bought a 1984 Toyota Coachmen and for some reason the camper lights won't come on when I turn on the lights to the truck. Is there an additional switch for the camper lights that I'm missing? :blush:

I just bought a 1984 Toyota Coachmen and for some reason the camper lights won't come on when I turn on the lights to the truck. Is there an additional switch for the camper lights that I'm missing? :blush:

Are You talking about interior lights? if so, each light ought to have it's own switch. Does anything else work off the coach battery? Check the battery, connections, fuses. Let us know more specifics. I'm not sure what you mean by " the lights to the truck". This site should be able to help.

Happy Trails

OK good deal then you have power to the coach. As all coach wiring is a bit different it's just a matter of finding out where the marker lights pick up power they are tied into the tail light wiring some where. I would check your fuses make sure they are clean (nice shiny contacts) this is where a test light will come in handy. They usually are daisy chained so if one burns they all should. The old bayonet bulbs were at best a real pain and the sockets needed to be cleaned all the time so maybe it would be a good ideal to see if you can get one to burn. Grounding could also be a problem wish I had a simple fix for you but I'm afraid it will involve some detective work.

I replaced all of mine last spring, what I remember is they start out on the left side so if you lose it there they will be out all the way across the top and its not just two wire running across thier packed (jammed) in there, maybe it could be called daisy chained.

Yes they have 4, power and ground in and and power and ground out and the last one will only have 2 wires. I got so tired of playing with mine I replaced them all with LEDs.