SOLAR PANNELS.....

musician man

I AM PLANNING MY JANUARY ARIZONA TRIP, AND WILL BE TRAVILING ON THE CHEEP! I HAVE ONE BACK UP BATTERY IN MY 89 DOLPHIN, AND AM GOING TO ADD A SECOND. I WILL BE CAMPING WHERE THERE IS NO ELECTRIC HOOK-UP, AND NEED TO KNOW IF ANY ONE HAS PURCHASED A SOLAR PANEL TO CHARGE THERE BACK UP BATTERIES. I JUST WANT TO RUN MY LIGHTS, AND WATER PUMP. I DONT CARE ABOUT TV, OR OTHER APPLIANCES. SUNFORCE MAKES A FOLD UP 13 WATT BATTERY CHARGER. IS 13 WATTS ENOUGH? CAN I RUN TWO BACK-UP BATTERIES IN PARALELL IN MY MOTOR HOME? I WANT TO CLIP SOLAR PANNELS DIRECTLY TO BACK UP BATTERIES.........ANY COMMENTS......THANKS....MUSICIAN MAN

Most folks consider 50 watts about the minimum needed for long term boon docking. I have a 60 panel and it works for me when its warm outside. When I have to run the heater ( below 50 degrees) it is not big enough. After 3 days my battery is at 50%.

You can charge two batteries in parallel if they are the same battery.

Yes same MFG, same size and same age. As you vary each of these the batteries life span gets worse.

Type is most important (lead acid, AGM, Gel )Size is next and then MFG and finally age. Worst combo would be an AGM and a lead acid.