Great site... Newb with a New 92

Mikesta

Just want to say hi. I'm a Techie geek... with a passion for toyota's. Mainly landcruisers (8) currently. Had a 1983 Toyota motorhome 6 years ago... took a 3 month honeymoon with my wife around the states covering 13k miles. Good times. Now we have 2 kids and I've been looking for a decent late model toyota. Tonight I picked up a 92 winnebego... looks like a warrior, 21' with 64k on it. It needs very little love.

Been lurking here for around a year or 2 and finally decided to join up.

post-499-1152686888.jpg

post-499-1152686899.jpg

Just want to say hi. I'm a Techie geek... with a passion for toyota's. Mainly landcruisers (8) currently. Had a 1983 Toyota motorhome 6 years ago... took a 3 month honeymoon with my wife around the states covering 13k miles. Good times. Now we have 2 kids and I've been looking for a decent late model toyota. Tonight I picked up a 92 winnebego... looks like a warrior, 21' with 64k on it. It needs very little love.

Been lurking here for around a year or 2 and finally decided to join up.

:hyper::hyper: Glad to see you here. :w00t: , and welcome.

Mikesta Welcome and glad you are here! How old are the kids and are you finding you have enough room?

Kids are 30 months / 13 months.

Dont know yet about the room, but there are seatbelts for the car seats. Does anyone use these? And are they good enought to tote the little ones around with?

It will be perfect for our 2 months trip coming up soon.

Not sure what state you are in but here in Calif under a certain age and weight, child seats are by law required to face backwards. I am assuming you are speaking of the seat belts located in the coach somewhere. Mine are at the dinette seats. As far as safety I suppose they are OK for minor crashes but with mine the occupant sits sideways and so a front impact would throw the occupant sideways. Probably not so good for the back.

Hi!

Another newbie, chiming in to say yeah, that looks like a Warrior for sure. I just got mine (same year) last week. I'm very excited - and I have a 10-day trip planned starting next week. I got a nice deal from a friend who bought it last year and found it didn't have enough room for their family. It's the perfect size for me and my dog, however!

"Stella" is her name, and she's only got 39,000 miles on her and is in great shape interior-wise. I'm so very happy with my first RV - she's a great "starter" model!

post-518-1154052320.jpg

Hi!

Another newbie, chiming in to say yeah, that looks like a Warrior for sure. I just got mine (same year) last week. I'm very excited - and I have a 10-day trip planned starting next week. I got a nice deal from a friend who bought it last year and found it didn't have enough room for their family. It's the perfect size for me and my dog, however!

"Stella" is her name, and she's only got 39,000 miles on her and is in great shape interior-wise. I'm so very happy with my first RV - she's a great "starter" model!

post-518-1154052320.jpg

Welcome to the board . Kick a couple snakes out of the way, sit down and open a cold one. :clown2:

Hi!

post-518-1154052320.jpg

Nice ride!

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up a 90 Odessey (V6, 22 footer) in June and I have a wife and three boys (10, 8, 5) and we

currently seem to have enough room. We pretty much always had two people in cab and three in the

rear while driving. Mine has 5 seat belts in the rear, three on the couch and two on the dinner table.

I may need to create a single bed, I currently have two queen size beds (1 couch, 1 over cab).

Looks like I can create a single bed in either the cab (across the front seats) or a bunk over the

dinner table. This would give us plenty of sleeping room for the next 4 to 5 years.

• 1 month later...

I picked up a 90 Odessey (V6, 22 footer) in June and I have a wife and three boys (10, 8, 5) and we

currently seem to have enough room. We pretty much always had two people in cab and three in the

rear while driving. Mine has 5 seat belts in the rear, three on the couch and two on the dinner table.

I may need to create a single bed, I currently have two queen size beds (1 couch, 1 over cab).

Looks like I can create a single bed in either the cab (across the front seats) or a bunk over the

dinner table. This would give us plenty of sleeping room for the next 4 to 5 years.

Man, those look awesome, what is the price range for those Motorhomes, I have two little ones 5 and 8 and they can't wait to get on the road...... thanks......

Man, those look awesome, what is the price range for those Motorhomes, I have two little ones 5 and 8 and they can't wait to get on the road...... thanks......

On ebay a V6 model in good shape tend to sell in the $12K to $15k range. I got lucky and found

mine (her name is Mrs. Clark) for $5,200 and I put a $800 into her, in which she ran great on

a 4,000 mile Grand Canyon trip over the summer. We are thinking about Yellow Store next

summer.