Mirrors needed

dougj

I just picked up a 1988 New Horizon and am looking for side view mirrors. It has some really bad after market mirrors now that aren't cutting it. Any ideas who may have mirrors for these? Also, anything specific I need to watch out for in this model? Can't wait to go thru this RV and take it out to the beach!

I just picked up a 1988 New Horizon and am looking for side view mirrors. It has some really bad after market mirrors now that aren't cutting it. Any ideas who may have mirrors for these? Also, anything specific I need to watch out for in this model? Can't wait to go thru this RV and take it out to the beach!

These guys are where I got mine, they sell either white or brushed stainless finish mirrors.

http://www.rustrepair.com/app2/onlinecat.htm?r=ms&p=wi

They are easy to deal with and I think the price is reasonable.

I got White painted mirrors for my escaper at NAPA. I needed just the heads not the entire mirror package.

I got White painted mirrors for my escaper at NAPA. I needed just the heads not the entire mirror package.

Looks like I need the entire setup. mounting tubes on there now don't extend out far enough so I can see past the coach.

thanks, Doug

• 1 year later...

I have been looking for replacement mirror heads or just replacement mirror glass for my flat side-mount rear-view mirrors and haven't had any luck at local auto supply stores. From reading this thread, I found rustrepair.com, who has replacement mirror heads in stainless steel, white steel and white plastic and also has replacement mirror glass. I also found mirror heads and replacement glass on eBay. To make this search easier for those that follow, I decided to save some of the information I found here. For those of you trying to find these items on eBay and elsewhere, this information may be useful.

The manufacturer of these mirrors is "Velvac" and they call them side-mount wide angle mirrors. They are nominally 6.5" X 6", though 6.5" X 10" are also available. They are commonly called step-van mirrors. The relevant part numbers are:

Stainless flat - 704093

Stanless convex - 704095

White steel flat - 704078

White steel convex - 704077

White plastic flat - 704178

White plastic convex - 704177

Replacement flat glass - 702051

Replacement convex glass - 702023 for steel mirror heads, 702057 for plastic mirror heads