Magnetic Snooze Bonnets

MR.D

Anyone know where to find these for the Toyota cab? They can be had for all Class Cs, does anyone make them for Toyota trucks? They usually have an elastic loop that fits over the top rear corner of the doors and then attach to the doors below the windows and the top edge of the hood with magnetics.

I think Tika has one of those, not really sure though. I use the sun shield on the windshield and have been thinking of making something for the inside of the side window. Only thing is my dog likes to sleep in the front at night and look around.

Greg

I have one for my 78 Odessey that I purchased several years back, white vinyl custom fitted, with storage pouch, it was purchased from an RV supply outlet at the time but not sure its even available anymore. I want to say the brand name was Addco or something similar to that but I might be wrong. It wraps around the side windows and is held in place by magnets sewn into seams and a corner pocket that fits over upper back corner of doors.

My 76 Chinook I made window covers that snap in place on the inside, used the same material that was used for the curtains and made patterns and had them sewn up then installed the snaps. They fit great, install easily, and look pretty good.

Adco does make the type of cover I'm looking for, just not for Toyotas. It could be they once made them back when Toyota RVs still sold new, or at least weren't 10 years into extinction. I'll call them and see what they have to say, maybe they've still got a few or can make them based on their old specifications?? I'll let you guys know what I find out.

Talked to Adco today, they said that they did make them but stopped, mainly due to many complaints about poor fitment. I asked if there was any way that they still had any around and "gasp" they said they did have some that were all thrown away when they moved buildings a few months ago :(

FWIT, Mine has a tag on it

Gold Coast mfg.

Oxnard Ca 1 800 423 5828. The 800# is Ca.only.

Somewhere in the previous posts of the Toyota-campers yahoo group, I posted the info of someone who was selling them at the Great American RV show. It was in June of 2002. Search under "Vinyl Windshield Cover". The one I have I bought mine 18 years ago for my first Toyhouse when they were still being made.

Tika

Gold Coast is still around. They make lots of goodies for RVs

www.goldcoast-rv.com