desertrat

What's your rig and where's it at?

1986 Sunrader 4X4

In the heat of Bakersfield, CApost-1108-12584320455437_thumb.jpg

Hey everyone! Love this site... MY girlfriend and I just purchased our first toyota camper ive alwayse driven toyota pick ups so this was a no brainer for us and we love it so far. It is a 1986 21 foot dolphin,300 series not sure,has door in back passengers side.we live in southern New Hampshire, we have alot of tech questions we cant seem to find answers for.The latest being wether or not we need to have truck tires for our dually is has regular tires right now or ger 6 ply or more tires??? please help

Hey everyone! Love this site... MY girlfriend and I just purchased our first toyota camper ive alwayse driven toyota pick ups so this was a no brainer for us and we love it so far. It is a 1986 21 foot dolphin,300 series not sure,has door in back passengers side.we live in southern New Hampshire, we have alot of tech questions we cant seem to find answers for.The latest being wether or not we need to have truck tires for our dually is has regular tires right now or ger 6 ply or more tires??? please help

Yes you need truck tires they should be rated "D" all 6. Your little MH weights around 3 tons.

Yes you need truck tires they should be rated "D" all 6. Your little MH weights around 3 tons.

Why thank you. Maybe you will know how much a front alignment is gonna go for?

1992 Winnebago Warrior DL

Mobile Alabama

I sold my VW Westy on Sunday and found the Warrior on Tuesday! It is in great shape and has 47,000 miles on it. Has all original paper work including the Winnebago cassette that came with it. Thanks to everybody here for their help.

Edited by wickerman

Hi. I'm Tudy from Waseca, Minnesota. My Toy is an 84 Dolphin, 4cyl, 4spd stick that I have owned for over 4 years. I love it and, being recently retired, am, just recently, getting into some serious RVing. I just got a new set of 8ply Hankook tires, Dometic fridge, batwing tv antenna and awning. I plan to do some interior remodeling next year. The Toy is in good condition with no water damage. I have all the service records and manuals. I like the floorplan with 2 captains chairs with small round table in between and a sofa/bed across the aisle. I put in all new dense foam in the sofa. That was a job, but I probably did it the hard way. : P

I have the rear kitchen and small bath. Being that I'm single, I have plenty of room. I'm planning to go to AZ next winter and see you at the Quartzite AZ RV Rally in jan 2011.

I have a digital camera in my Palm Pre. When I do take some pics, someone will have to advise me as to where I send them. I have sent my digital pics in emails, before. I am kinda computer challenged. All I have for internet access is Sprint Palm Pre with tiny keyboard. Sigh......

Glad that I can mingle with other Toy lovers. I can see that there is a wealth of knowledge available on this site. Happy Trails to all!

Tudy

Guest cstevejohn

My wife and I just bought our 1984 Coachmen here in Orlando, FL. We are brand new to this RV thing but we plan to take it real slow and enjoy ourselves with are kids.

It's a 4 speed manual transmission and the engine is in great shape. I have a manual for the truck/engine but I'm in need of one for the camper. This website is great and I look forward to sharing ideas with all of you in the near future.:ThumbUp:

1992 Winnebago Warrior DL

Mobile Alabama

I sold my VW Westy on Sunday and found the Warrior on Tuesday! It is in great shape and has 47,000 miles on it. Has all original paper work including the Winnebago cassette that came with it. Thanks to everybody here for their help.

I cant beleave you sold your Westy for a toy. i have both but never in a life time would i trade a westy for a toy mh..........................

god bless ya anyway

85 Mirage 22re 135k automatic on the floor no a/c, or toilet, holding tanks etc. I've owned 10 years or so put on 90k

86 Shasta Revere 22re 170k automatic on the column Currently under construction...,well actually under 2 tarps and 2 inches of snow, put a whopping 10 miles on her.

both in providence ri

both need deep cycle batteries

both leak gas at tank one has a new gas tank! Ha Ha

post-1400-12623064195519_thumb.jpg

post-1400-1262306850681_thumb.jpg

post-1400-12623069206822_thumb.jpg

post-1400-12623074390118_thumb.jpg

post-1400-12623074610217_thumb.jpg

post-1400-12623075276307_thumb.jpg

post-1400-1262307560636_thumb.jpg

I cant beleave you sold your Westy for a toy. i have both but never in a life time would i trade a westy for a toy mh..........................

god bless ya anyway

Well it was a love hate relationship, but my bank account hated it more than I loved it in the end.Still there is nothing like the feeling of driving the Westy sitting above the front tire.I had a 1977 years ago and figured I would get the most reliable one I could find.Found a 1986 with a Subaru 2.5 conversion every system professionally rebuilt or replaced window out paint job it was beautiful!Broke down on the way home,then slung a rod taking my son to school.I was afraid to drive around the block!

Here are some pictures

http://picasaweb.google.com/teasiaannboone

85 Mirage 22re 135k automatic on the floor no a/c, or toilet, holding tanks etc. I've owned 10 years or so put on 90k

86 Shasta Revere 22re 170k automatic on the column Currently under construction...,well actually under 2 tarps and 2 inches of snow, put a whopping 10 miles on her.

both in providence ri

both need deep cycle batteries

both leak gas at tank one has a new gas tank! Ha Ha

I also have a 86 Shasta Revere with the exact floor plan and interior/exterior colors, cabinets, etc. It has a 22re with 28,000 miles and automatic on the column and luckly in good shape overall. However I am in the process of replacing the countertops, sink, range hood and just dropped off the couch cushions to be recovered. I noticed your Shasta had a side compartment for a generator? Does it have one? If so could you tell me what kind and size?

Thanks

Ranger

god bless ya anyway

Actually I could have traded the VW for 2 or 3 Toyota MH.I guess I will have to find something to do with the extra money now that I don't have the VW to repair all the time:)

I just returned from my first trip 1,000 miles and not a hiccup.

I'll take Toyota RELIABILITY over VW farfegnugen any day!

:ThumbUp:

Edited by wickerman

I noticed your Shasta had a side compartment for a generator? Does it have one? If so could you tell me what kind and size?

It did i had to take it out to replace entire floor. It didnt start when i got it so i cant comment on its output. It is a kholer I'll have to look at it for further specs. In replacing floor i realized the genny had bent aluminum floor joists in that corner. Not being a welder i shimmed floor to make floor level. So now if i wanted to replace it easily I couldn't because the access door would need to be cut higher/new door. I have it in my garage and hope to get it going one day...

From what i hear these gennys are too loud and heavy. A friend has a small honda and boy is that thing small powerful & quiet!

I love the rear dinnete/bed with windows all around. I plan to replicate alot and could use photos of a well kept original Shasta Revere

post-1400-12627189151539_thumb.jpg

post-1400-12627189821083_thumb.jpg

post-1400-12627190884631_thumb.jpg

post-1400-12627191189297_thumb.jpg

post-1400-12627191628769_thumb.jpg

post-1400-12627192043691_thumb.jpg

I noticed your Shasta had a side compartment for a generator? Does it have one? If so could you tell me what kind and size?

It did i had to take it out to replace entire floor. It didnt start when i got it so i cant comment on its output. It is a kholer I'll have to look at it for further specs. In replacing floor i realized the genny had bent aluminum floor joists in that corner. Not being a welder i shimmed floor to make floor level. So now if i wanted to replace it easily I couldn't because the access door would need to be cut higher/new door. I have it in my garage and hope to get it going one day...

From what i hear these gennys are too loud and heavy. A friend has a small honda and boy is that thing small powerful & quiet!

I love the rear dinnete/bed with windows all around. I plan to replicate alot and could use photos of a well kept original Shasta Revere

I too love the rear dinette/bed with windows all around. As stated earlier I am in the process of updating the countertops (kitchen & bath), range hood and all cushions are also in the process of being covered. I will be glad to provide you with some photos of my work in progress. Would you like to see anything or area in particular?

My ceiling shows no sign of leakage and believe it or not all the original appliances (heater, fridge, AC, water heater, invertor) are in good working condition. Did have a water heater leak, a leak under the tub and some general maintaince issues which I have fixed. After cleaning the metal roof it looked very good and I have coated it with the white RV elostomatic roof coating for now. However, I really like the spray on bedliner idea on the roof.

I have noticed a small damp area in the corner of the overhead bunk on the passanger side. I'm thinking it might be coming from the front bunk window and running behind the wall and eventially making it to the corner. I understand the front over cab windows are bad for leaking. You or someone else may have another idea where I could look - if so I would appreciate any advice.

Could you or anyone else tell me what size air conditioner typically comes on the coach? I can't seem to find the BTU information but the unit is a Brisk Air.

Thanks again for the generator information. I see yours is a 2500 watt.

Ranger

1984 Dolphin in Alaska. We are fresh owners and are excited. Headed south next week to Portland, OR. This is the first big journey and we can't wait!

post-2730-12652562679803_thumb.jpg

1987 Dolphin. Our hometown is Vancouver, BC, Canada.

Picked it up May 2009, loved it very much, it's dependable, reliable the only downside is it travel at a significantly slower speed than most other MH and the fuel economy (and hence, range) is not as good as expected.

It served our family well, and hopefully it will bring a few more years of faithful service to us.

Hi all,

I'm a recent graduate and my dad bought me a 1989 warrior here in Texas as my graduation present. Will be taking a 3 month long roadtrip beginning on August 1(tentatively). Hope to see you all out there. Will post pics soon. The RV actually sits in Tyler and I am in Austin until I take the LSAT in June. We will be hitting basically all the coasts. Any suggestions on what to do with the nasty carpet and an easy solution?

Thanks!

An easy solution to your carpet is to lay a composite wood floor right over the top of the carpet. Check out your local home improvement store and look for the 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch composite snap together flooring. All you have to do is measure (twice) and cut with a hand saw and lay down a carpet type metal trip piece to secure the wood floor by the cab area. Two boxes will probably do you. The thin composite flooring is made to lay right on top of the existing carpet so you do not have to pull it up. Wood flooring is super easy to clean on the road, just use a broom or a wet paper towel when

you need to.

Check out the floor in the pictures at this location: http://www.tipton-in.com/bunkbed/

Dennis...

1987 Dolphin, nicknamed The Phin

Phoenix, AZ

We're going to take our month-long honeymoon in it this summer, along with our tripawd dog Dixie. Heading up to the Boundary Waters, MN and back. We're going to try to work from it as well—we're graphic designers.

We have no idea what we're doing, but learning new stuff every day. Just replaced the carpet with vinyl wood tiles. Looks sick!

Any of you get knocks on your door asking if you're interested in selling your MH? We do and it even has a busted up fender!

post-3364-12668449749374_thumb.jpg