desertrat

What's your rig and where's it at?

Is anyone at Quartzsite AZ this year?  I have only seen one other Dolphin... I'm boondocking at the RTR site

IMG_8879.JPG

There is a Toyota rally every year at Quartzite but doesn't start until the 19th. It's organized by Tika  who has doing this for years. If your willing to stay a while you can call her and find out where they will be.   626-798-4510 This is a business number and might have message system on Just leave your phone number and she will get back to you I'm sure

Linda S

Thanks Linda, not sure what my situation is.  If I don't score a workcamper job in NM or AZ before then, I expect I'll be here.

PS - while I share your general avoidance response to crowds etc. that you mentioned in previous posts, I have to say that this has been amusing so far.  And amazingly quiet.  Especially at night.  Pin drop quiet.  I have been able to keep to myself as much as I want and be entertained the rest of the time by the variety of eccentric vehicles and their drivers here.  Some quite ingenious.  The broad spectrum of ages, genders, socio-economic, countries, yadda yadda differences appear to be represented well.  It seems to be an exercise in tribal affiliation.  And that starts with "whaddya drivin'?"

Not likely to do it again, but I'm glad I came this time.