What's your rig and where's it at?

desertrat

I have a 1991 Winnebago Warrior as do my parents. In fact they sold me their old one after having used it to travel to every state in the contiguous US and Alaska several times. It is still running great. just got new air bags on last year and my hubby built a kayak rack for the back this year.

My parents and I are both home based in NJ.P1020657.jpg

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone,

Just joined to get info and get to know others. My friend, Jerry, and I just bought (9/18/10) a 1993 Dolphin 21ft, rebuilt engine, V6. Haven't had a chance to even use it since it's in shop for water damage repairs. Hopefully will be able to take it out soon. We are stoked about it.

Oops, almost forgot, we live in northwest burbs of Chicago. Lombard/Mt Prospect to be exact.

Thanks for being here,

Mar and Jerthumbup.gif

Edited by marilyn

From Boise, Idaho (Home of the best college football team on the planet-Broncos) with our just recently purchased 1990 21ft Seabreeze.

We found it to be in worse condition than first thought. Had some rot in cabover due to leaking corners. We added a new panel to inside of both sides of cabover compartment after spray foam in places we could reach. Re painted interior (Kilz, then Faux paint method using sponge). Also, re-covered all cushions and are putting up new shades (day-night type). Just starting to do major work of putting in an underbelly type 14.4 gal LP tank and using the original Lp tank cubby for 3 6v batteries ( plus 1 in the original battery compartment) and a Xantrex puresine 1800watt inverter in the same under seat area of the battery compartment. Also adding a Microlite 2800 generator in the left side storage (LP fuel) and a small microwave (have not decided exactly where yet, at least two or three possible options). Also putting in a 26in lcd TV (not sure where yet-made swing down from ceiling in last motorhome). Replacing dash HiComp tape player with Eclipse Navigation/DVD system and removing some of the carpet and putting in vinyl. Will probably put in some kind of computer (I like to build them). Lots of work left to do, but I love having projects. (I am affectionatly known as the King OF Unfinished Projects). I am a machinist and am pretty handy with tools. I will tell more and am interested in ideas if anyone cares. I thought I might share this with others, but am usually not very good at posting info. I can provide more info and pics. Craig

P.S. Bought almost everything from Craigslist and eBay-used, referb, etc.

1992 Winnebago Warrior DL

Mobile Alabama

I sold my VW Westy on Sunday and found the Warrior on Tuesday! It is in great shape and has 47,000 miles on it. Has all original paper work including the Winnebago cassette that came with it. Thanks to everybody here for their help.

So, are you willing to share what you paid for it? I just made a deal on one today and, now that it's too late, I'm checking to see how I did. My '92 Warrior has 28,500 original miles and is in beautiful condition inside and out with 6 1-year old tires (hardly used). It has had had recent professional leak repair in the upper berth and everything works and looks like new. Obviously stored (at least mostly) inside, as there is very little fading. V-6, AT, cruise, ETC, original cassette stereo. It has a Kohler generator (don't know if they all did) and roof-mount A/C. Upholstery is original and in excellent condition. I'm paying $12,000.

In the process of buying a 1992 Winnebago Warrior that will be stored at our son's house in Boise, ID - when it isn't out on the road.

84 Dolphin 500T. Humboldt County CA.

4 speed 4 cyl. 62k miles. Purchased off of Craig's list for $5500 two weeks ago. Everything works, no leaks, clean and no odors. Drove 300 miles home got 15mpg. Drives great on highway or windy mountain roads but likes 58 mph. Pulls hills at 50 in 3rd gear. Ok by me.

Getting new upholstery now. New tires later this week.

This is our 6th RV. Had a 73 Prowler 19', 83 35' Prowler Regal (bought new), Ford chassis 460cid C-body 21' (1978), Honey '82 350cid 19', 32' Automate fifth wheel. They're all sold off.

Got a tire question & a propane tank question - will post elsewhere.

Taking a trip from home to Tahoe, Nashville, and back in November.

I'm in Ft. Worth with a 91 Sunrader, would like to talk to you about your 4X4...

Scot

post-2779-075291300 1286854647_thumb.jpg

I have a 1986 Sunrader 4x4 in Ft. Worth, Tx. I used it to go offroad motorcycle racing, but I'm retiring from racing so I might sell it , if someone offers me a lot for it. I put 80,000 on it in the last 8 years(163,000 total)post-3074-1255313229097_thumb.jpgpost-3074-12553133071532_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ron and Sue here, residing on Vancouver Island, in Beautiful British Columbia, Canada. Our Island in the Pacific!

We purchased our Winnebago Warrior '92, which I'd like to call Tuareg, in July and have spent a wonderful summer exploring up and down the east coast of the island.

We love the 321RB, which has the rear 'bathroom', the fold-down couch, the dining table that can be made into a bed for a small person and the cab-over bunk which is very comfortable indeed.

We have mounted a heavyduty, but lightweight, Rubbermaid tote off the back bumper for our outdoor chairs, etc.

We would love to find a way to increase our battery power because there is only room enough for the one deep-cycle battery and even a small generator is pretty expensive.

post-4394-053945500 1287876554_thumb.jpg

Our 1986 Sunrader, 56,000 miles, is also a rear bed with a small dinette on the side between the bathroom and a closet and across from the galley. I do have a question if yours is like ours. We just acquired our Sunrader from a friend who passed away in Feb. Unfortunately, we didn't get a lot of information from him about what is what. The dinette table has been cut off - how much we don't know - and has electrical tape across the cut. It still is big enough. What are the measurements or your table? Have no idea why it was cut off. We have looked at a new one that has cut out holes on the corners for cups to sit in. Seems like that would be a nice feature. The back bed doesn't have a board to fit down across the opening. It just has the Long "U" shape. Wondering if there is suppose to be a board to increase the sleeping space. In old trailers that would have been where the dinette table top would have gone. This one doesn't do that or at least it doesn't anymore. What is yours like?

Because of the strong smell of cigarette smoke I took off all the curtains and zippered covers and washed them. I knew this was risky but figured I had nothing to lose. Curtains came out okay. The top cushion cover washed fine. The dinette's back with the snaps - not so well. Each of the snaps tore away from the vinyl fabric. I hope to be able to repair it. The zipper also came apart. Just a little problem that can be fixed. Next, I will rip out seams and remove the upholstery so I can replace all of the cushions. Then try to wash the fabric without ruining it before sewing it back on. I'm thinking some velcro might help.

Other than that, we have just had the engine and brakes thoroughly gone through and the inside and outside scrubbed clean with the broken running lights replaced. There is still a sewer odor even though it's been emptied. Will be putting some solutions in all of the tanks to clean them up. Carpets will get cleaned when the weather stays warm. Then I'm ready to begin putting it back together so we can take her out for a weekend. We are in Western Washington so won't have to go far to try her out.

Thanks for sharing any info you have. Plan to post pictures when we get a little more done.

Whyleigh

We have a 1991 Winnebago Warrior and live on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada.

Wayne, where are you located on Vancouver Island. Maybe we could rendezvous somewhere next summer, compare little Warriors.

Sue & Ron

In the process of buying a 1992 Winnebago Warrior that will be stored at our son's house in Boise, ID - when it isn't out on the road.

If you've seen any of my other posts, you know that we got the rig and, after one trip of about 350 miles, we love it. I thought I would post some pix of it taken right after we got it home.

post-4382-068561500 1287974411_thumb.jpg

post-4382-005403000 1287974422_thumb.jpg

post-4382-073284700 1287974437_thumb.jpg

post-4382-005323900 1287974454_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

We just bought this 86 Sunrader 21RD 22RE Auto

It is located in Brookings Oregon (south Oregon Coast)

We have never had an RV before, we always camped out of a

Toyota Pickup, we have three of those all with canopies,

an 88 longcab longbed on propane

86 4X4 and 91 4X4, all have 22rs

I go to a lot of motorcycle "dual sport" trail rides from the Mojave

desert up in to Hood River Oregon, so I hope to be able to reinforce

the frame and put a motorcycle carrier on the back.

Any tips on this will be much appreciated.

This one has a huge rear window so have to be careful with the handlebars.

Have been getting a lot of info on this site, how to work and maintain everything,

a big learning curve for us but we have the winter to figure things out and fix anything

This one has the 6 lug rear 1 ton axle and the 5 stud front, not sure how difficult it is to get a 6 stud front. I see the Administrators avatar picture is at Hunbolt lagoon, we live pretty close

to there, just up the coast a few miles. Great Site, Thanks, Lee

3kd3p23l45W25U15X1ab73ed5ae4e81681395.jpg3k73m83pf5O05W05X1abba399f23eb4551822.jpg

Proud new owner of a '84 Sunrader - aka The Millennium Falcon. 22R, 4 speed, rear kitchen, 96K

My first RV and couldn't be more excited about it. Needs a little bit of work and information on the site is much appreciated, Im sure Ill have lots of questions in the near future.

Home is Boulder CO....

• 2 weeks later...

Just purchased a brand new :-) 1988 Dolphin, 4 Cyl, Auto Trans.

Did a Pre-purchase with e-mail and about 100 photos. Put down a $200 non refundable deposit, Then Flew out to Albuquerque NM. Looked it over and it was everything that was advertised.

Absolutely ZERO rust (lived in NM all it life)

Drove it 1700 miles back to Toledo Ohio with no problems.

Currently going through it, cleaning up, fixing little things that need attention.

We're planning on driving it to Dead Horse Alaska next spring about 10,000 miles round trip.

post-4544-080531800 1292635660_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm a recent graduate and my dad bought me a 1989 warrior here in Texas as my graduation present. Will be taking a 3 month long roadtrip beginning on August 1(tentatively). Hope to see you all out there. Will post pics soon. The RV actually sits in Tyler and I am in Austin until I take the LSAT in June. We will be hitting basically all the coasts. Any suggestions on what to do with the nasty carpet and an easy solution?

Thanks!

1991 Itasca and I am in Port Aransas, Texas for the winter....enjoying the tropic weather.

1977 Toyota Chinook. The plan is to be in New England in summer, winter in Florida. If I grow a sack we might ship out to Panama on a freighter.

Happy Holidays!

CHINOOK.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First, I want to thank everyone on this site who offered me great advice and help while I was looking for my rig. I'd lost out on my first-choice deal, an 18' Sunrader, and then, last week, bought what will probably serve me better - a 22' Rogue. Glad it was only an hour drive away too, since the Sunrader purchase would have meant a trip to the Memphis, and I live in Northern California. This rig has 1984 22R with the good rear axel, standard transmission, and only 80K miles. Drives like a Cadillac. I found some dry rot, so the seller is rebuilding the cabover front. The interior woodwork, counters, sink, etc. are in great shape and looks like everything inside works, despite its age. The mechanic who checked it was very positive. I got a truly great (!) price so can afford to redo the awful carpet, upholstery and curtains, but not until we get back from mega-dusty 'Burning Man' next August. I'm pretty smitten with this rig despite it's relative lack of gelcoat and, at present, seedy interior. If my family and I use it as much as I think we will, I can always trade up later to a newer Sunrader (love them).

Think now I will go read the discussion of emergency road kit contents. ;0)

Will be talking to you all, Diana

post-4638-006635900 1296188562_thumb.jpg

Well I do not own a motorhome, but I have a 1987 Toyota 1 ton Cab/Chassis with a 9x6 Knapheide flatbed on it, I recently cleaned up the bed and applied POR15 coating to it, installed Trex decking, put new Hankook 185R14 tires on it. I browse this site alot and love all the good info on it . I try to contribute info where I can. i am just north of Seattle in Everett

post-2371-0-88578400-1296428370_thumb.jp

post-2371-0-48424100-1296428394_thumb.jp

post-2371-0-28034700-1296428417_thumb.jp

post-2371-0-19989100-1296428427_thumb.jp

post-2371-0-25124500-1296428439_thumb.jp

post-2371-0-32318900-1296428449_thumb.jp

Edited by elderthewelder

... but not until we get back from mega-dusty 'Burning Man' next August.

My daughter will be at Burning Man - her third one. Hope you have fun!

• 4 weeks later...

post-4805-0-06283800-1298390794_thumb.jppost-4805-0-36416300-1298390783_thumb.jppost-4805-0-14975900-1298390763_thumb.jppost-4805-0-65501000-1298390735_thumb.jpHello ...

I'm new here, but have had "Dollie" (1989 V6 SeaBreeze) six years this month. She's still pretty original, though reaching a point where she needs a bit of TLC. I put a carpet runner down over in the "hallway" just to add some color, with blankets over the couch and as a privacy curtain between the house and cab (helps alot with keeping the house warm/cool also). Also changed the kitchen faucet so there is a higher spout.. I added braces under the kitchen cabinets to keep the weight from pulling on the wall/ceiling due to previous water damage ... needed a new seal around the AC unit. I'm not up to redoing the wall myself and she seems to hold steady this way.

New Maxxux tires just after I bought her in '05. One of those that came on her shredded on me going down I-80. What a scare! The cooling unit for the fridge was replaced in '06 ... left it on too long off level. Live and learn! Replaced the alternator and the timing belt. I haven't like the way she runs ever since the timing belt was done and need to get her checked out again.

Lived in her full time three years. Now it's just a month or so here and there a couple times a year. Am looking forward to getting back to full timing once my house in NY sells! Will be in the Catskills this summer.post-4805-0-24951100-1298390539_thumb.gi

• 1 month later...

Hi

We have a 1989 Leisure Odyssey Americana.

It is in very nice condition with a few repairable things.

We have had it for about 2 years.

I previousley owned am 88 Dolphin but sold it to our son

We live in Mesa , Az

If you are ever down this way give us a shout

Gary N & Freida G

Sorry I don't know how to post a picture.

Edited by Gary N

I'm in Sacramento, California. Just bought my first MH. A 1988 20' Odyssey. Fairly decent condition, 80k, 4cyl auto with full rear dinette. My wife and I (we're in our early 30s) are headed out for 6 weeks this summer with our 90lb dog and 2 year old daughter. When I purchased it, I knew it didn't have a generator but figured I could easily install one. I'm finding that to be not so easy!

I grew up on a sailboat, so tight living isn't too strange for me.

Edited by Riverpark Eric