What's your rig and where's it at?

desertrat

Guest cstevejohn

My wife and I just bought our 1984 Coachmen here in Orlando, FL. We are brand new to this RV thing but we plan to take it real slow and enjoy ourselves with are kids.

It's a 4 speed manual transmission and the engine is in great shape. I have a manual for the truck/engine but I'm in need of one for the camper. This website is great and I look forward to sharing ideas with all of you in the near future.:ThumbUp:

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1992 Winnebago Warrior DL

Mobile Alabama

I sold my VW Westy on Sunday and found the Warrior on Tuesday! It is in great shape and has 47,000 miles on it. Has all original paper work including the Winnebago cassette that came with it. Thanks to everybody here for their help.

I cant beleave you sold your Westy for a toy. i have both but never in a life time would i trade a westy for a toy mh..........................

god bless ya anyway

85 Mirage 22re 135k automatic on the floor no a/c, or toilet, holding tanks etc. I've owned 10 years or so put on 90k

86 Shasta Revere 22re 170k automatic on the column Currently under construction...,well actually under 2 tarps and 2 inches of snow, put a whopping 10 miles on her.

both in providence ri

both need deep cycle batteries

both leak gas at tank one has a new gas tank! Ha Ha

post-1400-12623064195519_thumb.jpg

post-1400-1262306850681_thumb.jpg

post-1400-12623069206822_thumb.jpg

post-1400-12623074390118_thumb.jpg

post-1400-12623074610217_thumb.jpg

post-1400-12623075276307_thumb.jpg

post-1400-1262307560636_thumb.jpg

I cant beleave you sold your Westy for a toy. i have both but never in a life time would i trade a westy for a toy mh..........................

god bless ya anyway

Well it was a love hate relationship, but my bank account hated it more than I loved it in the end.Still there is nothing like the feeling of driving the Westy sitting above the front tire.I had a 1977 years ago and figured I would get the most reliable one I could find.Found a 1986 with a Subaru 2.5 conversion every system professionally rebuilt or replaced window out paint job it was beautiful!Broke down on the way home,then slung a rod taking my son to school.I was afraid to drive around the block!

Here are some pictures

http://picasaweb.google.com/teasiaannboone

85 Mirage 22re 135k automatic on the floor no a/c, or toilet, holding tanks etc. I've owned 10 years or so put on 90k

86 Shasta Revere 22re 170k automatic on the column Currently under construction...,well actually under 2 tarps and 2 inches of snow, put a whopping 10 miles on her.

both in providence ri

both need deep cycle batteries

both leak gas at tank one has a new gas tank! Ha Ha

I also have a 86 Shasta Revere with the exact floor plan and interior/exterior colors, cabinets, etc. It has a 22re with 28,000 miles and automatic on the column and luckly in good shape overall. However I am in the process of replacing the countertops, sink, range hood and just dropped off the couch cushions to be recovered. I noticed your Shasta had a side compartment for a generator? Does it have one? If so could you tell me what kind and size?

Thanks

Ranger

god bless ya anyway

Actually I could have traded the VW for 2 or 3 Toyota MH.I guess I will have to find something to do with the extra money now that I don't have the VW to repair all the time:)

I just returned from my first trip 1,000 miles and not a hiccup.

I'll take Toyota RELIABILITY over VW farfegnugen any day!

:ThumbUp:

Edited by wickerman

I noticed your Shasta had a side compartment for a generator? Does it have one? If so could you tell me what kind and size?

It did i had to take it out to replace entire floor. It didnt start when i got it so i cant comment on its output. It is a kholer I'll have to look at it for further specs. In replacing floor i realized the genny had bent aluminum floor joists in that corner. Not being a welder i shimmed floor to make floor level. So now if i wanted to replace it easily I couldn't because the access door would need to be cut higher/new door. I have it in my garage and hope to get it going one day...

From what i hear these gennys are too loud and heavy. A friend has a small honda and boy is that thing small powerful & quiet!

I love the rear dinnete/bed with windows all around. I plan to replicate alot and could use photos of a well kept original Shasta Revere

post-1400-12627189151539_thumb.jpg

post-1400-12627189821083_thumb.jpg

post-1400-12627190884631_thumb.jpg

post-1400-12627191189297_thumb.jpg

post-1400-12627191628769_thumb.jpg

post-1400-12627192043691_thumb.jpg

I noticed your Shasta had a side compartment for a generator? Does it have one? If so could you tell me what kind and size?

It did i had to take it out to replace entire floor. It didnt start when i got it so i cant comment on its output. It is a kholer I'll have to look at it for further specs. In replacing floor i realized the genny had bent aluminum floor joists in that corner. Not being a welder i shimmed floor to make floor level. So now if i wanted to replace it easily I couldn't because the access door would need to be cut higher/new door. I have it in my garage and hope to get it going one day...

From what i hear these gennys are too loud and heavy. A friend has a small honda and boy is that thing small powerful & quiet!

I love the rear dinnete/bed with windows all around. I plan to replicate alot and could use photos of a well kept original Shasta Revere

I too love the rear dinette/bed with windows all around. As stated earlier I am in the process of updating the countertops (kitchen & bath), range hood and all cushions are also in the process of being covered. I will be glad to provide you with some photos of my work in progress. Would you like to see anything or area in particular?

My ceiling shows no sign of leakage and believe it or not all the original appliances (heater, fridge, AC, water heater, invertor) are in good working condition. Did have a water heater leak, a leak under the tub and some general maintaince issues which I have fixed. After cleaning the metal roof it looked very good and I have coated it with the white RV elostomatic roof coating for now. However, I really like the spray on bedliner idea on the roof.

I have noticed a small damp area in the corner of the overhead bunk on the passanger side. I'm thinking it might be coming from the front bunk window and running behind the wall and eventially making it to the corner. I understand the front over cab windows are bad for leaking. You or someone else may have another idea where I could look - if so I would appreciate any advice.

Could you or anyone else tell me what size air conditioner typically comes on the coach? I can't seem to find the BTU information but the unit is a Brisk Air.

Thanks again for the generator information. I see yours is a 2500 watt.

Ranger

• 4 weeks later...

post-2730-12652562679803_thumb.jpg

1987 Dolphin. Our hometown is Vancouver, BC, Canada.

Picked it up May 2009, loved it very much, it's dependable, reliable the only downside is it travel at a significantly slower speed than most other MH and the fuel economy (and hence, range) is not as good as expected.

It served our family well, and hopefully it will bring a few more years of faithful service to us.

Hi all,

I'm a recent graduate and my dad bought me a 1989 warrior here in Texas as my graduation present. Will be taking a 3 month long roadtrip beginning on August 1(tentatively). Hope to see you all out there. Will post pics soon. The RV actually sits in Tyler and I am in Austin until I take the LSAT in June. We will be hitting basically all the coasts. Any suggestions on what to do with the nasty carpet and an easy solution?

Thanks!

An easy solution to your carpet is to lay a composite wood floor right over the top of the carpet. Check out your local home improvement store and look for the 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch composite snap together flooring. All you have to do is measure (twice) and cut with a hand saw and lay down a carpet type metal trip piece to secure the wood floor by the cab area. Two boxes will probably do you. The thin composite flooring is made to lay right on top of the existing carpet so you do not have to pull it up. Wood flooring is super easy to clean on the road, just use a broom or a wet paper towel when

you need to.

Check out the floor in the pictures at this location: http://www.tipton-in.com/bunkbed/

Dennis...

• 2 weeks later...

1987 Dolphin, nicknamed The Phin

Phoenix, AZ

We're going to take our month-long honeymoon in it this summer, along with our tripawd dog Dixie. Heading up to the Boundary Waters, MN and back. We're going to try to work from it as well—we're graphic designers.

We have no idea what we're doing, but learning new stuff every day. Just replaced the carpet with vinyl wood tiles. Looks sick!

Any of you get knocks on your door asking if you're interested in selling your MH? We do and it even has a busted up fender!

post-3364-12668449749374_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

I'm a recent graduate and my dad bought me a 1989 warrior here in Texas as my graduation present. Will be taking a 3 month long roadtrip beginning on August 1(tentatively). Hope to see you all out there. Will post pics soon. The RV actually sits in Tyler and I am in Austin until I take the LSAT in June. We will be hitting basically all the coasts. Any suggestions on what to do with the nasty carpet and an easy solution?

Thanks!

We just replaced our carpet with vinyl wood tiles (1 1/2 boxes, $42 each at Home Depot). It was really easy. The carpet came out fast, and lucky us, the floor underneath is in good shape. Took about 2 evenings to install, 4 evenings to completely finish because we decided to add trim, and cuz we were watching the Olympics… Check it here > looks sick!

• 3 weeks later...

Our 1986 21' Sunrader, rear dinette. Just got it, 71K miles, 4cylinder, automatic. The perfect cinematography rig!

A replacement for our Westfalia. We like it MUCH better!

post-3660-12685565394675_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Have recently been given a 1986 Sunrader from a dear friend who passed away in February. We are north of Seattle, Washington. Been cleaning it up and getting it road ready. Looking forward to using it soon. Will post pictures when we get the outside spruced up. Needs some work but has great potential. After a thorough interior scrubbing now we are trying to get the smoke odor out of the upholstery. It has little wear but reeks! Will be replacing the foam inside the cushions and have tried washing the covers. It's helping some but still has a strong smell. Hoping not to have to replace the covers too. Needs some front and back running lights as they are busted. Any sources? The cooktop shows moisture rust spots but works. The oven has never been used but was full of shredded insulation which means mice may have had a go at it. The carpet in the truck is okay - will be better when steamed cleaned. Everything else works. We are still learning what's what. Expect me to ask if we can't figure it out! Like this site to get so much info from!

'86 sunrader 21 ft. it has a rear bed rather than the usual rear dinette/bed. haven't seen another like it yet. wish i had the dinette, although the huge storage area under the bed is handy.

the sunrader and we live in ellington, ct.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeah Flathead Valley, way to represent! I'm in Whitefish, currently working on a '78 Chinook Newport and '84 4x4 pickup. I'll keep an eye out for ya Dolphinite.

1984 Dolphin in Alaska. We are fresh owners and are excited. Headed south next week to Portland, OR. This is the first big journey and we can't wait!

Hi, where in Alaska are you? The reason i ask ,we are leaving for Alaska in 2 week. Live in southern Oregon, we plan on being in Anckorage the end of june then to Kodiak island for a week. We drive a 1984 toyota dolphin rear dinnet. Darrel

'86 sunrader 21 ft. it has a rear bed rather than the usual rear dinette/bed. haven't seen another like it yet. wish i had the dinette, although the huge storage area under the bed is handy.

the sunrader and we live in ellington, ct.

Our 1986 Sunrader, 56,000 miles, is also a rear bed with a small dinette on the side between the bathroom and a closet and across from the galley. I do have a question if yours is like ours. We just acquired our Sunrader from a friend who passed away in Feb. Unfortunately, we didn't get a lot of information from him about what is what. The dinette table has been cut off - how much we don't know - and has electrical tape across the cut. It still is big enough. What are the measurements or your table? Have no idea why it was cut off. We have looked at a new one that has cut out holes on the corners for cups to sit in. Seems like that would be a nice feature. The back bed doesn't have a board to fit down across the opening. It just has the Long "U" shape. Wondering if there is suppose to be a board to increase the sleeping space. In old trailers that would have been where the dinette table top would have gone. This one doesn't do that or at least it doesn't anymore. What is yours like?

Because of the strong smell of cigarette smoke I took off all the curtains and zippered covers and washed them. I knew this was risky but figured I had nothing to lose. Curtains came out okay. The top cushion cover washed fine. The dinette's back with the snaps - not so well. Each of the snaps tore away from the vinyl fabric. I hope to be able to repair it. The zipper also came apart. Just a little problem that can be fixed. Next, I will rip out seams and remove the upholstery so I can replace all of the cushions. Then try to wash the fabric without ruining it before sewing it back on. I'm thinking some velcro might help.

Other than that, we have just had the engine and brakes thoroughly gone through and the inside and outside scrubbed clean with the broken running lights replaced. There is still a sewer odor even though it's been emptied. Will be putting some solutions in all of the tanks to clean them up. Carpets will get cleaned when the weather stays warm. Then I'm ready to begin putting it back together so we can take her out for a weekend. We are in Western Washington so won't have to go far to try her out.

Thanks for sharing any info you have. Plan to post pictures when we get a little more done.

Whyleigh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We just purchased our '91 Seabreeze last weekend. Can't wait to take it out because I've been looking for over a year and hopefully found "THE ONE"! thumbup.gif

Located in the southern most tip of Lancaster County (home of the amish), Pennsylvania (5 miles from the Maryland border - Harford County).

Still would be into a Toy Rally in the NE if anyone would still be interested...

Edited by Aimlessly

We just purchased our '91 Seabreeze last weekend. Can't wait to take it out because I've been looking for over a year and hopefully found "THE ONE"! thumbup.gif

Located in the southern most tip of Lancaster County (home of the amish), Pennsylvania (5 miles from the Maryland border - Harford County).

Still would be into a Toy Rally in the NE if anyone would still be interested...

I used to go up to Stewarts town all the time to the tractor dealer (lived in Harford County)If you feel like driving to Maine I'm trying to put together a rally the second weekend of Aug.

• 3 weeks later...

1993 Seabreeze named Toto and we're in Boise, Idaho thumbup.gif

I am only about an hour west of you toto. Just got my rig and willpost some before pics. Lots I want to do with it.

It may be next year before I can head out but his is a fun project!

I had the winning bid on a 1986 Winnebago Toyota R22-E last night. I'll pick it up in a few days. I've been looking forever for one and suffice to say I'm very excited, and am sure to have tons of questions and look forward to learning from experienced people. I plan on at least partially full-timing in her. It's my RV ever. I'll post pics once I have them. Cheers!

• 2 months later...

1992 Winnebago Warrior DL

Mobile Alabama

I sold my VW Westy on Sunday and found the Warrior on Tuesday! It is in great shape and has 47,000 miles on it. Has all original paper work including the Winnebago cassette that came with it. Thanks to everybody here for their help.

LOL, I do not need to post a pict of my 91 Winnie Warrior as it looks like you already did it. Naw, yours is cleaner.