Pacific NW ToyHome Get together/Rally?

dogre

Howdy All,

Misery (mysterious leaks, odd transmission behavior, etc.) loves company, and for that matter so do people with common interests. My question to you is would any of you be interested in a get together (aka Rally) in the Pacific Northwest? Oregon, Washington, B.C? Other venues are possible. All we need are your suggestions so that we can come to some consensus. I figure if we get three participants on the first try then this would be a success.

I live in north central Washington state, specifically in Chelan, WA.

Would any of you fellow Toy lovers be interested in a get together anywhere from Bend to Oosyous?

Please share your thoughts. Is this a hare-brained idea? Are you interested? Your suggestions?

Let me give you a target to shoot at. How about Chelan, WA sometime during the first week of October (specifically one of the Public Utility District campgrounds along the Columbia River). Beautiful empty parks with most amenities (except for a clubhouse/laundry). If you would like to rough it I suggest one of the state parks up the Entiat River.

Your thoughts?

Dave Oglevie

Chelan, WA

509-860-4800

I don't see to much action on this idea. Maybe we need some more ideas or possible meeting places. I say that because maybe many people don't live near enough to the proposed area, and maybe there is more people from other areas with ideas. Sounds like a good idea if we could get a few people interested.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm interested. I have been hitting the central and south coast of Oregon. I just finished a campout on the Chetco River by Brookings. Met some Toyhomers there. I haven't done the north coast in a while. I usually take some tenters with me.

Here's the site for Oregon State parks on the north coast.

http://www.oregonstateparks.org/searchpark.php?region=north_coast

There's US Forest service campgrounds if you don't mind primitive sites.

If there's a hiking interest Cape Perpetua is the mother load

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/siuslaw/recreation/tripplanning/capeperpetua/index.shtml

There's loads of places near me in Florence

I'm interested. I have been hitting the central and south coast of Oregon. I just finished a campout on the Chetco River by Brookings. Met some Toyhomers there. I haven't done the north coast in a while. I usually take some tenters with me.

Here's the site for Oregon State parks on the north coast.

http://www.oregonsta...ion=north_coast

There's US Forest service campgrounds if you don't mind primitive sites.

If there's a hiking interest Cape Perpetua is the mother load

http://www.fs.fed.us...tua/index.shtml

There's loads of places near me in Florence

Thanks for the info about coastal camping. Just finished a swing thru Bend and then over to the John Day Fossil Bed area. Took a look at the Blue Mountains. Beautiful part of Oregon. I hope to get to the "wet" side later this fall.

There is some good boondocking just west of Sisters Or. & a great harvest festival in sisters in early Oct.

I love Sisters. On the way back from prospecting we camped at a free state camp ground called Lost Lake near there.

Set something up. If you wait too long, winter comes very abruptly there. Maybe I could even get to see Lindy Gravelle perform in Bend or Sisters.

I think the festival is October 10 &11

I love Sisters. I think the festival is October 10 &11

A bit off topic, but we sold our crafts at the Sisters Fall Festival for about 6 or 7 yrs, great fun, good people and lots of top notch art available. Miss the show, but not the work. .........Tony

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am interested in a get together. Have 2 toys selling one. Live 50 miles north of Chelan in Malott.

Thanks RHS

RHS,

Please stop by when you are in the neighborhood.. Was your's the SunRader pictured with the castle in the background on Craigslist? I saw an ad out of Mallot and there can't be that many in Mallot.

I was tempted but I already have too many 'Toys'.

Best Wishes,

Dave Oglevie

Chelan, WA

800-645-3848 or 509-860-4800

hi there.....did the rally ever happen here in the NW? We live in the portland area, have 3 Toyhomes we are working on and would love to meet some of ya. newbieoldguy

Newbie Old Guy,

Nope, didn't happen. Any thoughts about next year? Oregon, B.C., Idaho?

I'm gonna attempt to make the NW Illinois get together next fall but that is only on my wish list.

I am also attempting to get to Arizona or Baja in the next few weeks. New timing belt tomorrow, solar system before we leave, etc.

Your thoughts about a site and date for the Pacfific NW would be appreciated.

Best wishes,

Dave Oglevie

Chelan, WA

Hi all,

Would love an opportunity to attend a toy-in. Have a sister in Idaho and a friend in Seattle that I want to visit sometime this year. Being able to throw in a toy-in in the middle somewhere would be perfect. I'll keep watching this thread to see how it shapes up. Count me in.

Barb

Hi all,

Would love an opportunity to attend a toy-in. Have a sister in Idaho and a friend in Seattle that I want to visit sometime this year. Being able to throw in a toy-in in the middle somewhere would be perfect. I'll keep watching this thread to see how it shapes up. Count me in.

Barb

Barb,

When are you planning on your trip? This would give me a date to aim at.

Dave

Howdy All,

Would any of you be interested in a get together (aka Rally) in the Pacific Northwest? How about Chelan, WA sometime during the first week of October

Dave Oglevie

Chelan, WA

Yes, we would be interested in driving up from California if the dates were right.

Before you decide on any dates, please check that they don't conflict with any other Rallies that are planned: the Mid-West Rally in Illinois the first weekend of October, nor either of the Northern California Rallies, usually the second week of October and the first part of May, nor the Memorial Weekend Rally in Gold Point Ghost Town in Nevada.

They certainly are enough Toyota RV owners in the Pacific Northwest for a Rally. If you also post the invitation on the sister forum (Yahoo toyota-campers group) you likely will find even more folks replying there. You might consider putting an event together for late spring '10.

Tika '86 E-Z Ryder

Barb,

When are you planning on your trip? This would give me a date to aim at.

Dave

Haven't actually picked dates yet. August or September-ish might be good as there seem to be a few rallys in Oct already. I hear the fly fishing is good on the Metolius river near Sisters OR. But would be open to anything in the areas you already mentioned.

Barb

Looks like winter is over early here on the coast of Orygone. Just waiting for the rain to stop. I may get a trip together soon for Loeb State Park on the Chetco River near Brookings. They're open year round. We had a great time there last summer. I met two Toyhomers there. That would be close for you Cal people.

Looks like winter is over early here on the coast of Orygone. Just waiting for the rain to stop. I may get a trip together soon for Loeb State Park on the Chetco River near Brookings. They're open year round. We had a great time there last summer. I met two Toyhomers there. That would be close for you Cal people.

Looks like winter is over in deed, we have been pruning the fruit trees. A get together on the Oregon coast would be great. Just got home from a week get away , drove to Eugene-Corvalis-then coast road to Bandon to home, Grants pass. Went past you and didn't even know it. I'm all for a get-together in Brookings or ?

post-1172-12647842035726_thumb.jpg

Dave

Yes That was me have 2 toys. '81 sunrader that we put 5000 miles on in '09 but it is "stick" wife does not do "stick" we found '87 dolphin "auto"

so trying to sell sunrader runs great but 152,000 seems to scare people. I think spring will try again. Will get in touch soon.

Rich

Looks like winter is over in deed, we have been pruning the fruit trees. A get together on the Oregon coast would be great. Just got home from a week get away , drove to Eugene-Corvalis-then coast road to Bandon to home, Grants pass. Went past you and didn't even know it. I'm all for a get-together in Brookings or ?

The coast is the best bet until April when the valley warms up. They finally finished repairing my Florence place from the freezing water damage so I'm ready to roll again. The only time I'm occupied are the first two weeks in March. I'll be camped out in Eugene then doing my civic duty.

I go by Grants Pass on the way to see my friends in Shady Cove. Isn't Grants Pass supposed to be Sasquatch central in Oregon? That would be interesting.

There's a picture of Ole Thumper at Loeb Sate park in Brookings.

post-332-12657395004823_thumb.jpg

My friend and I would be interested in a Pacific NW rally. We're in Kelowna, B.C. and could go to Washington or Oregon in the spring (between mid April and mid June). We bought our Toy Slumber Queen last fall and it would be our first trip across the border.

We're still very new at this RV thing and curious to see how we'll manage on any journey longer than a few miles from home.

Christine

• 2 months later...

well its april and its nice here in spokane

so any intress in having one in east wa

hope to hear soon from yall

Ken & Maggie

Any specific place or date in mind? May would be a possibility for us. Keep us posted.

Christine and Valerie

How about getting together at the Steamboat Rock State Park located south of Electric City and North of Grand Coulee in May 8th or 15th? Nearby tourist attractions are Banks Lake, Grand Coulee Dam, Dry Falls. Steamboat has full hookups and last years overnight fee was about $25. Your thoughts?

I know a few free places near spokane that we can go. in this ecomney we cant be too extraveant

but $25 isn't to bad and the laser light show is great

what a pic that would be. a bunch of toys in front of the 2nd largest cement thing in the world

Ken & Maggie

How about getting together at the Steamboat Rock State Park located south of Electric City and North of Grand Coulee in May 8th or 15th? Nearby tourist attractions are Banks Lake, Grand Coulee Dam, Dry Falls. Steamboat has full hookups and last years overnight fee was about $25. Your thoughts?

Sounds good to me. May 15 would be the best time for both Val and myself. I like the fact that it's not too far from the border for our first trip to the US with our RV. Let me know what would be the next step if it materializes.

Christine

Ken, I suggested Steamboat Rock State Park as it is centrally located, 90 miles east of Spokane, 100 miles south of the Canadian border, and about 90 miles east of Wenatchee.

The laser show doesn't start until Memorial Day weekend. Darn!

I know of a couple of "free" sites near Electric City but they really aren't free as they are on Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife parking lots, which requires an annual $10.95 parking permit.

For a get together for one night I think it would be reasonable to use the state park.

To get this event rolling I am willing to coordinate or assist by contacting the state park to see what is involved.

I figure if just three vehicles can get together that is worth pursuing.

Thoughts?

Dave Oglevie

Chelan, WA

• 3 weeks later...

There will be a get together of any interested Toy Box folks on the weekend of May 14,15,16 2010 at Steamboat Rock State Park, just south of Electric City, WA. This beautiful state park is located on the shores of Banks Lake. Local attractions are the second largest cement structure in the world (Grand Coulee Dam), the incredible Dry Falls left over from the last ice age, very interesting basalt coulees, beautiful scenery and lots of great hiking, biking and boating.

The reservation system for the state parks is not working so this is going to need you to be flexible.

I intend to camp in the north loop, specifically space 82. I hope to see you there.

We have had interest from 3 or 4 others. This is a good start.

For more information Google search Steamboat Rock State Park, WA.

Questions? Please call or e-mail.

Dave Oglevie

dorgre@hotmail.com

509-860-4800

I am interested in a get together. Have 2 toys selling one. Live 50 miles north of Chelan in Malott.

Thanks RHS

Chris,

Toy Box get together, May 14,15,16 2010, Steamboat Rock State Park, north loop.

Dave

I know a few free places near spokane that we can go. in this ecomney we cant be too extraveant

but $25 isn't to bad and the laser light show is great

what a pic that would be. a bunch of toys in front of the 2nd largest cement thing in the world

Ken & Maggie

Ken,

I like your idea of Toy Boxes in front of the dam. So far we might see three for four. It is a start.

We will be camping at Steamboat Rock state park on May 14, 15 and leaving on the 16th (unless we are having too much of a good time and the weather is cooperating).

Hope to see you there.

I hope to center the Toy Box get together around space 82 in the north loop of the campground. Reservations seem to be out of the question.

Suggestions or questions are greatly appreciated.

Dave Oglevie

Chelan, WA

509-860-4800

Hey, I don’t mean too hijack this thread, but the wife and I are going to be trying out camping with the two kids on Friday July 9th to Sunday the 11th. At Larrabee State Park, 245 Chuckanut Drive, Bellingham, Washington, 98229

http://www.parks.wa.gov/parks/?selectedpark=Larrabee

We have never been there, but hear good things about it.

It’s a bit pricey at $33 for full electric, water and waste, but what the hey… :-)

I’d love to see another Toyota or two there… we are in Site T4

Andrew.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I don't mean too hijack this thread, but the wife and I are going to be trying out camping with the two kids on Friday July 9th to Sunday the 11th. At Larrabee State Park, 245 Chuckanut Drive, Bellingham, Washington, 98229

http://www.parks.wa....edpark=Larrabee

We have never been there, but hear good things about it.

It's a bit pricey at $33 for full electric, water and waste, but what the hey… :-)

I'd love to see another Toyota or two there… we are in Site T4

Andrew.

Hi Andrew. I graduated from WWU, so been to LSP many times. Mostly day trips, but did camp there a few times. Hope you and the family like trains, because you're right next to the track.

Can walk down to the water. Has a nice big lawn for frisbee and what not and also a stage. Chuckanut is a cool drive.

Would like join you all, but we're heading to Oregon about that time.

Have fun!

• 4 months later...

Hi, fellow northwesterners!

My lovely bride and I are new to the Toy box scene, having had ours for 15 days and taken it on one short trip, but I'm interested in getting together with others in the Great NW. My wife and I would love to come, and could probably bring along my brother and his wife who have had their Toy box for about 6 weeks. We all live in the Boise area, but can travel anywhere in the NW - we love the Oregon coast and try to get over there once a year, but are willing to go anywhere.

Did the planned get-together last May actually happen? Any pictures?

It seems what is needed is someone to take the bull by the horns - pick a date and place and let the rest of us know. My wife can be available practically any time, but I'm still tied to a job and my current availability for 2011 is as follows:

March 24 - 27,

April 22 - 26,

May 14 - 17,

June 19 - 26,

July 22 -25, and

August 27 -31

Other than those dates, we are available weekends only, which means we couldn't get too far from Boise. My brother has the opposite problem of mine - he works for himself and can generally take off any time, but his wife has to schedule with her employer.

I figure, if we are going to do this, it will need to be pretty well set 3 or 4 months in advance - whose going to get this planned? :P