Replacement of Carpet with Vinyl or Laminate

vtchris

I am sick of this old beige carpet and want something easier to clean. Any suggestions? Any hints? I will be paying someone else to do the work. The floor has never had water on it, so I shouldn't need new sub floor. Even any suggestions on color would be helpful, my coach upholstery is that beige with the "swishes".

I got to tell you I put wood floors in mine and took them out and put carpet back in. I know a lot of people have the laminate floors and love them but I found the carpet to be more comfortable and quieter. Personal opinion, every one has their likes and dislikes all of the floors if done well have their own appeal. The drill with the carpet replacement came with a general 23 year old motor home upgrade I pretty much redid the entire interior. I wonder if they still sell avocado colored refrigerators? Live it up it's your home away from home have a look at buick's pictures on this site his is pretty extreme but it will give you an ideal of just what you can do.

I got to tell you I put wood floors in mine and took them out and put carpet back in. I know a lot of people have the laminate floors and love them but I found the carpet to be more comfortable and quieter. Personal opinion, every one has their likes and dislikes all of the floors if done well have their own appeal. The drill with the carpet replacement came with a general 23 year old motor home upgrade I pretty much redid the entire interior. I wonder if they still sell avocado colored refrigerators? Live it up it's your home away from home have a look at buick's pictures on this site his is pretty extreme but it will give you an ideal of just what you can do.

Where do I find buick's pictures? I don't know my way around very well.

I removeed the ugly, old, excessively dirty carpet. Because I'm under 5'11" I laid down 5/8 foil faced foam board for a warmer floor, its quieter when driving too. I covered it with 3/8 birch underfloor plywood. Then laid a single piece of vinyl. I caulked the edges carefully and now have a waterproof floor that's easy to clean

Where do I find buick's pictures? I don't know my way around very well.

Actually he has a post on this page just look in the middle for the posters name "buick"

I ripped out the skanky OEM carpet from my 89 Dolphin and opted for bamboo laminate...

Carpet came out much easier than I anticipated, though lotsa staples... don't fool yourself that you'll be able to get rip out the carpet under the dinette / couch / cabinets... ain't gonna happen unless you gut the thing... just have a good utility knife with lotsa fresh blades....

my floor was really solid - no replacing any wood.... spent extra $$$ on a high quality Shaw laminate and premium underlay based on wife's demand... glad I did as I had a roof vent this winter where water sat on the floor for a long period with very little adverse effect....

believe I got about 40 sq ft and made it with precious little to spare! If you do laminate, do the right thing and run the planks North/South in the coach vs. East West.... there's much more detail/trim cutting but it looks 1000x better IMHO

We ended up putting a floating wood floor it, it is design to go on top of the carpet,

With the boys and a dog, the wood floor is super easy to clean, just swipe it with

a broom.

Saves a lot of work by not having to take the old carpet out, and gets to keep the

insulating and sound reduction value of carpet.

Dennis...

Picture that shows the floor: http://www.tipton-in.com/bunkbed/bunk3.JPG

Put in 12 x 12 vinyl tiles. Cut to fit with a razor knife.

Luan subfloor with a sealer on it.

Easy on the eyes, easy to keep clean

floor8.jpg