skinky camper

joni

hi back again, still have my 89 dolphin, been trying to get out a bad (i believe it is from camp fires) smell. any ideas what can get the smell out? i have tried all the carpet cleaners and it smells ok for a day then its back again thanks joni

Hi Joni,

You could try putting activated charcoal in some plastic containers and place them around your coach and the cab area. Don't use regular outdoor charcoal that is for grilling, but get the activated kind found at pet stores and used in aquariums. You might also try placing some dryer sheets with a fragrance throughout the MH. Some of these dryer sheets have a lot of fragrance and might help to eliminate the campfire odor; you may have to use the entire box. Some smells are really tough to get rid of so hope these help.

Dianne '84 Dolphin

Stick a small ac box fan in a window, open another window as far away as you can get. Let the vent fan run 24/7 until the smell is gone. Note this may take several weeks. You have to remove the smell not cover it up.