Hello All,

I just purchased my first motorhome, a 1990 Toyota Odyssey 21 footer. The engine is a V6-3.0L.

I received very little documentation on the motorhome, only a basic Toyota truck user manual.

My first round of questions is:

1) what should the air pressure be in the tires? They are Goodyear Wrangler HT 185R/14.

On the sidewall it state max. cold pressure is 55 pounds. I took a guess and decided on

going with 49 pounds, which is 6 pounds under the max and my air gauge only goes up

to 50 pounds, so I wanted to be sure I was not exceeding 55 pounds.

2) what should the lug nuts be torqued down to? I had to take a 24 inch breaker bar and

a 23mm socket to get the lug nuts free, which was not an easy task. I was hoping they

were over torqued, but I have no idea what the torque should be.

3) any place to get a service manual on the Odyssey part of the motorhome. Information on

the refrig, stove, AC, furance, shower, holding tanks, etc.

4) regarding the transmission (automatic), it currently works well, but I fear it might have

the original trans fuild in it and it has 87,000 miles on it. I was thinking that a total trans

fuild flush would be in order (all 12 or so quarts), but my Toyota dealer informed me

today that Toyota does not recommend a total Flush, but instead a pan drain and fill

(about two quarts) and at 100,000 miles to have the pan removed in order to clean

the built-in filter. Does this sound correct?

Thanks all, I am sure I will have more questions, but in time hopefully I will be answering

some of the questions on this forum.

Thanks,

Dennis...

• 4 months later...

Hello Dennis...I hope you get this post.

I, too have a similar model and didn't receive any back up info on anything. I got a quick lesson on the very basic operation of things and was handed the keys.

Please let me know where you find any of the info related to this particular model. I'd grately appreciate it!

Thanks,

Rennie/lilgpsy

Hello Dennis...I hope you get this post.

I, too have a similar model and didn't receive any back up info on anything. I got a quick lesson on the very basic operation of things and was handed the keys.

Please let me know where you find any of the info related to this particular model. I'd grately appreciate it!

Thanks,

Rennie/lilgpsy

Hello, I was able to find user manual on the coach in electronic form along with other information. What is your email address and I will send you the document. Dennis... (dennisbooth@tipton-in.com)