Windows 7 RC1

I have windows 7 RC1 installed on a laptop. I have run vista on the same laptop but 7 runs much better! I can not get it to hibernate though. I could never get xp to hibernate correctly at all. Nor does my vid card support Aero. The GUI is much like vista but not really. Its supposed to be released in October. Looking forward to it.

Thanks, you're the second one that's told me that. . My new lap has Vista. Hate it. It took me a week to disarm all the tard popups and purge the trial ware. They wouldn't let me retro to XP without voiding the warranty but they do it for businesses. Too bad, because I have a gutted XP 64 via Nlite on my desk puter and it works slick.

Hopefully HP will let me upgrade to 7.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately most of if not all that stuff is again in 7. If you try to install a program the window pops up asking permission. It can be turned off like Vista. The benchmarks I have seen are showing 7 to be far faster in many respects than xp or vista. Manufacturers are supposed to start sending out systems sometime around October, just in time for Christmas. The RC version I am running dies in March of 2010.