Bathroom wallpaper

bear

Anyone got any idea on where to find to stick on waterproof wallpaper that was used for years in the bathroom. Looking for a quick fix for now till I have time to rework the bath right.

Maybe kitchen cabinet contact paper?? Walmart???

Yup same stuff, but this stuff is now ilegal, something to do with health laws or something. Don 't think you can find it any place anymore. They used to make in all different size, not just the cupboards size.

Hey There Bear,

I found some type of updated Contac Paper at Walmart and put it over the old wallpaper in our '84 Dolphin last fall. I used a small plastic squeegee to really press it against the wall and it has stayed just fine. I used a pin to make tiny holes to get rid of air bubbles that showed up. Be careful when pressing down over round screw tops so you don't tear a hole. I didn't see any health warnings on the package and it doesn't have a strong plastic smell. I covered the inside of the bathroom door also. Let me tell you, it wasn't the easiest thing I ever did as I had to practically stand on my head to get behind the toilet. Make sure you have a fan pointed in your direction as you are working so you can stay cool or plug in to your house outlet and turn on the air conditioner if you have one. We are happy with how it turned out and are willing to live with it. I chose a pattern that didn't have to be matched which made it much easier; I would definitley stay away from any plaids or stripes unless you are very patient. I imagine lots of :ranting2: would be coming from the bathroom area of your Toy if you choose to go with that look!!! Hope this helps and I wish you the best in redoing your bathroom walls.

Dianne

Hey There Bear,

I found some type of updated Contac Paper at Walmart and put it over the old wallpaper in our '84 Dolphin last fall. I used a small plastic squeegee to really press it against the wall and it has stayed just fine. I used a pin to make tiny holes to get rid of air bubbles that showed up. Be careful when pressing down over round screw tops so you don't tear a hole. I didn't see any health warnings on the package and it doesn't have a strong plastic smell. I covered the inside of the bathroom door also. Let me tell you, it wasn't the easiest thing I ever did as I had to practically stand on my head to get behind the toilet. Make sure you have a fan pointed in your direction as you are working so you can stay cool or plug in to your house outlet and turn on the air conditioner if you have one. We are happy with how it turned out and are willing to live with it. I chose a pattern that didn't have to be matched which made it much easier; I would definitley stay away from any plaids or stripes unless you are very patient. I imagine lots of :ranting2: would be coming from the bathroom area of your Toy if you choose to go with that look!!! Hope this helps and I wish you the best in redoing your bathroom walls.

Dianne

Don't think it would work in my case, I have one wall that is always gonna have water on it when showering, the others are covered by the shower curtain. I have talked to wallpaper store and boy is it expencive for there stuff, and not even sure it it would work. Went to a little off the wall store we have here and found some solid vinyl wallpaper, not the colth back for only a buck 99; will do some project testing on other stuff first just to see what it takes.

If I get this to work I think I will just pull toliet so I don't have to stand on my head. To dang old and dang tall. Can't even stand up in this thing, not even in the bath with the skylight that added two inches.