My new roof (spray on bed liner)

pdqmovie

Hi there ,

I just got back from the place where they do spray on bed liners I had my roof done as I dont want any leaks it in black now but i will in a few weeks paint it white i done this with another truck before and it works great ! Take a look at the pictures and let me know what you think .

Price

post-2310-1241480096_thumb.jpg

post-2310-1241480114_thumb.jpg

post-2310-1241480133_thumb.jpg

post-2310-1241480149_thumb.jpg

post-2310-1241480167_thumb.jpg

post-2310-1241480192_thumb.jpg

post-2310-1241480211_thumb.jpg

That is beyond cool! I have heard of that ideal but had never seen it. I do think white would be a good ideal maybe a little toasty in there

Hi there It depends on what you want spray i did the sides also as you can see in the pictures so it cost a little more I paid about 1,000 but it depends on the company and who you go to. Get prices from many shops then you will get the real cost of the job . to me it worth it as it really seal the roof and it cheaper than a new roof from the rv shops and the spray on bed liner last longer . I hope that helps

the decal i just made it up at a store that sell decals at the mall

Very Nice !! :)

VERY VERY SEXY!! :) I've seen splatter coat bedliners too with different shades of gray. This really looks pro league... and probably helps a lot with some of those seams!

Forget the spray on bed liner.....Where did you get that neat www.toyotamotorhome.org window sticker???
:ThumbUp:

The bedliner looks great. Do you have to remove the old roof covering or can you put the bedliner right over it? Also, is the bedliner the kind that is used in pickup truck beds. If that is the case maybe it would be a good project for a do it yourselfer?

Thanks

Hi there ,

I just got back from the place where they do spray on bed liners I had my roof done as I dont want any leaks it in black now but i will in a few weeks paint it white i done this with another truck before and it works great ! Take a look at the pictures and let me know what you think .

Price

Hi there I just finish one coat of paint on the roof I used spray cans for the front and back of the rv . One gallon of paint with a roller to do the top of the roof .These pictures are just one coat of paint I will work on more later in the week .

post-2310-1241993997_thumb.jpg

post-2310-1241994019_thumb.jpg

post-2310-1241994063_thumb.jpg

post-2310-1241994081_thumb.jpg

post-2310-1241994099_thumb.jpg

That really looks good I like the covers black too bad you have to climb the latter to have a look too nice to hide

That really looks good I like the covers black too bad you have to climb the latter to have a look too nice to hide

Thanks For the feedback after looking at the pictures it really turn out good and i will not have to worry about any leaks from the weather .

I think i saw that when i was looking also the brand name i believe start with a H At the moment i cant think of it and you roll it on and I believe it cost something like 100.00 for the can . I have no idea how it will work on the roof should be okay as the bed liner in a truck we need some members to try it and get back to us .

Price

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks big wave dave I get comments all the time from other rv guys when I go camping even my neighbor who has a trailer that has a leaking roof is going to have his done soon . It very water tight .

Price

Thats bitchin,never thought of it.Whats even better than that is this website! :ThumbUp:

• 2 weeks later...

HELLO THERE ....new here just bought a mini cruiser having to redo a lot - roof , and over cab ...dry rot.......

but i was wondering what TYPe of spray paint you were using to paint over the truck liner ? oil, latex, elastomeric? Did the truck liner guys tell you to use something specific on it ? thanks so much - really looks good ....let us know how it works out over time with the paint over it.... :ThumbUp:

WOW! I must know if there was any prep necessary (ie: removal of vents / scraping of caulk / roughing up the aluminum / removal of rack, ladder, marker lights ) or was the bed-liner applicator simply allowed to just spray away ??

That roof looks simply delicious... I've got some low spots on my Dolphin that tend to collect rainwater... some seepage (somewhere)... just replaced 2 vents and removed my A/C and still getting drips through the overhead light and a cabinet screwhole... this may be my next step if I can find a shop willing to do it here in Rochester NY!

Edited by pennstater

I just got my first toyota motorhome and would love to know what kind of prep work was needed.  Almost looks like from the pics that it went right over the top of the old sealants that were there???

Hi ,

Sorry I did not get back as I took a small trip in my motor home I had to get rid of the old Vents and bought new ones and put them in with new sealants . I then took it to the guys to have them mask up and do the prep work and then have it spray over the vents sealants and the side of the motor home I did this because i want it water tight and after it spray it will be hard to remove the vents that why I add the air maxx vent cover over the orig . vent these can be replace when needed . After the spray I paint the bed liner first with Krylon Primmer white and then painted with krylon gloss Ivory this color really match with the moter home I left the side black as it look cool from my neighbor point of view . ( high school kids advice ) . I hope I answer the questions feel free to ask more .

Price

• 3 months later...

I've used this stuff called Durabak in the past, however, I did not use it to paint the roof of an RV. YOu can put it on yourself with a special roller, and can buy it in numerous colors including white (which happens to be the color I used before). Durabak is also available in either smooth or textured (with tiny rubber pieces). If you decide to use it, always use the recommended primer.

I would like to know if anybody else on this web page has done this i was the one who started this topic and like to see other pictures of other members who has done this to their roof .

Thanks

Price

• 3 months later...

Well i couldn't afford to do the whole roof like that, but your idea came in handy.  I went down to the local auto parts store and bought 3 cans of the spray on bedliner.   I sprayed all the seams on my roof and around my vents.  I put on about 4 coats.  I was sure glad i did, first trip out, big rain storm first night.  The camper had a leak when i got it.  Stayed nice and dry all weekend.  So, thanks for the idea.   :ThumbUp:

• 2 weeks later...

I glad it work for you it really does the job of keeping things dry in the rv Do you have any pictures to show how you spray your roof ???? I would like to see that .

Price

Well i couldn't afford to do the whole roof like that, but your idea came in handy. I went down to the local auto parts store and bought 3 cans of the spray on bedliner. I sprayed all the seams on my roof and around my vents. I put on about 4 coats. I was sure glad i did, first trip out, big rain storm first night. The camper had a leak when i got it. Stayed nice and dry all weekend. So, thanks for the idea. :ThumbUp:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great idea, love it and might go that route if my roof starts leaking again. I am curious what happens if something up there needs to be replaced? Like the A/C maybe? How would you handle that?

• 3 weeks later...

Great idea, love it and might go that route if my roof starts leaking again. I am curious what happens if something up there needs to be replaced? Like the A/C maybe? How would you handle that?

the way i did it was to replace all vents and others items on roof so it all new before i have it spay with the bedliner i can tell you it very solid up there with no leaks and i am very happy with the process so far . I hope that help you .

Price

• 2 years later...