Where's the stripes?

iadoptedatoy

Well I did it.............sold my 85 Huntsman and bought a 92 Itasca Spirit. It's a real cutie and in great shape except a few of the stripes ( not all ) have chips missing. The last owner tried to pressure wash it and any little pieces that were at all loose chipped off. So........... I'm looking for stripes and wondering if you can buy some stripes or do you have to buy them as a whole set. Mostly I'm worried that since they don't make the toys anymore that I may not be able to replace them with the same kind. It's not real bad but would like to know any info. for the future if I decide to fix them. We bought it in Athens Tn. They were running it on Ebay and we offered him his reserve price........because it was well worth it! (8000.00 )Everything works and no leaks ever. 60,000 miles.

Thanks,

Cathy

post-1954-1239579078_thumb.jpg

post-1954-1239579101_thumb.jpg

post-1954-1239579129_thumb.jpg

post-1954-1239579171_thumb.jpg

I work for a Sheriff dept. and we deal with a local company that makes the graphics for our police cars they can make just about any thing you want. They are all computer generated so it maybe you can find some one in your neighborhood that can make them for you.

Cathy,

You might want to try www.winnebagoparts.com they carry decals and strips. I found them when I was looking to replace my decals.

Just a thought, you might want to look at having them removed and painted back on. I know that sounds like a lot of money, but I found the labor costs, and total pricing were about the same whether I had the old vinyl removed and new vinyl put on or just had them painted on.

May i suggest if you want to look at getting them painted contact your local fire dept to find out who paints their engines, who ever it is will have a paint booth bid enough to accommodate your motor home. Good luck

...little pieces that were at all loose chipped off.
The stripes look pretty complete on those pictures. If they are just a few missing chips, you might get some touch-up paint and just fill in the holes.

Y'all are so helpful! I really appreciate your ideas. I'm in need of awning replacement fabric. I took the advice of another topic on here about it and found what I needed at a good price @ RV Workshop ( shademaker ). I hope to be able to order it within the next couple of weeks. This is just the most helpful place in the world for all Toy lovers.

Thanks again,

Cathy

Cathy;

I had a good experience with RV Workshop when replacing my awning fabric. My '88 Sunrader's Fiamma awning had a different size bead on both ends compared with what is a standard size now. Be sure to measure both ends before ordering your fabric - I matched the bead on mine to a set of drill bits to get the correct size.

Seamus McShank

Cathy;

I had a good experience with RV Workshop when replacing my awning fabric. My '88 Sunrader's Fiamma awning had a different size bead on both ends compared with what is a standard size now. Be sure to measure both ends before ordering your fabric - I matched the bead on mine to a set of drill bits to get the correct size.

Seamus McShank

Thanks! I hadn't thought of the bead size being different.

Cathy

I just finished replacing my stripes and lettering on my Toyota Escaper, bought the vinyl from

http://www.lettersunlimited.com/

Check these out

http://accentstripes.com/RV_Stripes_and_Gr...CFRwDagodSnPrRA

http://www.rvstripes.com/?gclid=CIraw5zq9ZkCFRFMagodIwWNQg

And then check this out http://www.rvsg.com/restripe-removal.asp