Looking for a console

pdqmovie

Hi there ,

My Name is Price we live in Ca . I trying to fix my mom 1987 toyota rv I am looking for a console between the seat up front with some type of cup holders anybody out there have any from others cars or truck that will fit ??? I been looking in the tuffy style console but they are very expensive . I looking forward to some idea from you gals and guys . Thanks

Hey there Price,

Here is what I did. I went to the local Flea Market and found a center console made out of plastic. I paid $1 for it. Took it home and washed it. Went to the local hardware store and bought some brown PLASTIC spray paint called "Fusion" for $4. It has a slight glitter in it and it sprays on with a slight texture. This spring I will go to the wrecking yard and pick up a lock for it. I put three long screws thru it and mounted it to the sheet metal floor. Hope this gives you something to work with.

Pager

86 Dolphin

post-1069-1233458963_thumb.jpg

post-1069-1233458986_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Bought my from K-Mart...Works great and just high enough I can use it for an armrest..has both

compartment, cup holders(2) and a plug to plug into the cigarette lighter and a rear 12V plug.

SgtMike

'91 Warrior

If you have a console, as a passenger, you have to really struggle to get from the cab to the cabin.

You can do it if you don't mind having to step on your seats and are good at twisting a lot. As for

the driver's side--I wouldn't even attempt it! It's hard enough to get from the front to the back without a console. You have to be a contorsonist especially if you're a '6 foot tall drink of water.

SgtMike

'91 Warrior

"Ka Makoa"

• 1 year later...

A foldable center console seems to the best option. I'll look at my Honda CR-V and see if it would fit. I've been wanting to put one also since there is only one cup holder and it blocks the vent and HVAC ctrl.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a double cup holder assembly for the dash. It fits in just above the A/C controls, pulls out and pushes in. Mine is just a single, next time I visit the wrecker I will look for a double. Might check walmart, flea markets, thrift stores, garage sales for a console.