Heater question

fire362

I have a 1986 Sunrader with a Hydroflame model 8516. Trying to find fuses, where the cylinoid is located. Won't ignite or fan not working. I've never started one of these. I turned on gas, set themostat to on, but nothing happened. Looks clean in there. Cheny cked wire connections and they look ok.

Going to try and include some pics on this.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Ken

post-1108-1232921902_thumb.jpg

post-1108-1232921937_thumb.jpg

post-1108-1232922015_thumb.jpg

The fan should run even if the heater does not light. Some thermostats had a small switch by the temp adjustment wonder if that maybe turned off.

Give it a try with the RV connected to an electric line. If you coach battery

is not fully charged, the heater may not want to work for you, especially if

the heater has not need fired up in the last few years.

Dennis...

Give it a try with the RV connected to an electric line. If you coach battery

is not fully charged, the heater may not want to work for you, especially if

the heater has not need fired up in the last few years.

Dennis...

Heaters can be very dangerous due to CO poisoning. I would have an expert check it out. I removed mine and use a heat strip in the AC unit. But if you have no electricity invest in a good CO detector and a propane leak detector.

David

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I did turn the thermostat to on. Going to Pismo for a couple of nights and will try with full hookup. I've been told to check a cylinoid but not sure where it is. How do you spell the dang thing!? :)

Ken

The first thing that has to happen is the fan no fan and it will not light. There are many interlocks involved before the heater lights and it's not the type of thing to tinker with unless you are sure of what you are doing your neighbor may not like motor home pieces in his yard.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys. Was told by RVDoc George in Sacto. that if I turn on thermostat and fan isn't kicking on it's a power issue. Haven't checked it out yet. Mucho rain in CA. We need it though! Taking off for Pismo Beach this Tues. and will play with it a little.

When I came home my wife actually painted the inside and ordered new shades. Cleaning up. :) Now if I can get the body work done and same size 15" wheels and of course repainted all will be close. Please send $. Lots! :)

Ken

1986 Sunrader 4x4

post-1108-1234332853_thumb.jpg

I have a 1986 Sunrader with a Hydroflame model 8516. Trying to find fuses, where the cylinoid is located. Won't ignite or fan not working. I've never started one of these. I turned on gas, set themostat to on, but nothing happened. Looks clean in there. Cheny cked wire connections and they look ok.

Going to try and include some pics on this.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Ken

hey ther you may want to pull off the gill or vent cover look on the right side for a reset bution my was about 3in in hope i helped you dodad

Check the solenoid that goes to the motor. I had to replace one on a Sunrader. pull the wires off and do a continuity check. Then turn on the thermostat and see if juice is going to the motor side wires.