HOLA AMIGOS

JORGE

:help: HI EVERYBODY,I'M NEW IN THIS FORUM,I HAVE A TOYOTA CHINNOK 1974,I BUY FROM A FRIEND 2 YEARS AGO,IT WORKS,BUT IT NEED A LOT OF WORK INSIDE,SOON I LOAD SOME PICS ABOUT IT,I LIVE IN TIJUANA,MEXICO,AND ME AND MY FAMILY LIKE CAMPING(WE ARE NEWEST ABOUT)AND OUR CAMPINGS ARE THE WEEKENDS IN THE SUMMER,(THIS WILL BE THE SECOND)

OK.THE FACT IS,THE ENGINE RUN VERY WELL,BUT IT'S SLOWLY,RECENTLY,I NEED GO TO LONG BEACH,TO ATTEND A SHOW FROM MY WORK,(I'M SCREEEN PRINTER AND GRAPHIC ART DESIGNER)BUT WHEN I TOKE THE FREEWAY 5,I FEEL THE ENGINNE WAS VERY SLOW,AND I THINK IT WAS BE FORCED,SO I RETURN TO TIJUANA,I INSPECT THE ENGINNE,AND I SOW WATH SOME PIECE FROM THE DISTRIBUITOR,WATH WE NAME "AVANCE",IT'S BROKEN,SOME BODY CAN HELP ME?

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSES,AND I HOPE SOME DAY ENJOY SOME RALLY IN SO CAL WITH YOU

JORGE

Sounds like a trip to a distributor rebuild shop is needed.

No advance will cause low power and bad MPG and may cause an engine to overheat. It must be fixed

WME:

Thanks for your tip,I will replace the advance a.s.a.p.,the enginne is really strong,in the city I have no problems due the low traffic,but I like it work always o.k. in the highways too,so I'm working in the engine and in the interiors,is a long term project,but I hope some day proudly drive"the motor-hummer"like my son call it,(my 13 year old kid is fan of the HUMMERS and say the camper is "HUMMER"S GRANDPA") :P,thanks again

PROFE