Dual battery mode switch?

bear

Just bought an 89 Winnebago Itasca Spirit, the manual that came with it covers about all the Winn models however it did mention that the C models came with one. This one however does not, I only found the switch on Ford and Chevy models not on Toyota. Does anyone have one, know where to find, how to hook it up or any info. I want to be able to charge coach battery while driving.

• 7 years later...
  • 2 months later...

It's automatic. Called an isolator, will charge your coach battery while driving, but not let your starting battery die while using electricity in the coach.

• 9 months later...

Eric, or anyone who can help.  I have a 1985 New Horizon MH.  When the engine is running the isolator switch keeps clicking on and off.  Also, the cabin lights won't come on even with the engine running.   Is this two separate problems or do I just need a new isolator switch?  And where is it located and what does it look like?  Any and ALL information is GREATLY APPRECIATED.   Thank you!

Get a volt meter ASAP. There are too many possibilities  with out more information.

Have you recently replaced the coach battery?

Edited by WME

8 hours ago, SPUNKYLEA said:

Eric, or anyone who can help.  I have a 1985 New Horizon MH.  When the engine is running the isolator switch keeps clicking on and off.  Also, the cabin lights won't come on even with the engine running.   Is this two separate problems or do I just need a new isolator switch?  And where is it located and what does it look like?  Any and ALL information is GREATLY APPRECIATED.   Thank you!

Where is the clicking coming from inside the coach or under the hood? Kind of sounds like your coach battery polarity is reversed and auto reset breaker in the converter is resetting.