Finally I have something to add; I changed my leaf spring eye bushings on a 1988, Winnebago Itasca and used Downey Off Road in CA. as was suggested to me in an earlier thread. Most kits come with a set of larger bushings for the front springs which did not fit mine or others in this forum. Downey will sell the individual smaller ones that worked perfectly. The part # is 92030.. It takes 12 pieces to do both springs. The cost was (in Sept '08) $2.09 ea. for a total of $25.08 plus shipping and applicable taxes. They gave me some lube too. Very helpful people. Their phone # is 562-949-9494. They will match stuff up for you if you can measure the actual piece which is what I did. Good Luck! :ThumbUp:

I've been doing business with Downey for 20 years (since I bought my 88 4x4 pickup).

When I went to San Diego to purchase my 91 Sunrader I stopped in at Downey and got rear leaf springs, V6 intake and K&N, and had JET reprogram the ECU (bought the kit through Downey). I wish I had the time to replace the bushings when I was out there in L.A. but replacing the bushings, rear shackle, and using their shackle bolts with the grease fitting is tops on my "to do" list.

The diesel has Downey poly bushings front and rear as well as their 24mm front torsion bars and low profile subbers.

• 2 weeks later...
I've been doing business with Downey for 20 years (since I bought my 88 4x4 pickup).

When I went to San Diego to purchase my 91 Sunrader I stopped in at Downey and got rear leaf springs, V6 intake and K&N, and had JET reprogram the ECU (bought the kit through Downey). I wish I had the time to replace the bushings when I was out there in L.A. but replacing the bushings, rear shackle, and using their shackle bolts with the grease fitting is tops on my "to do" list.

The diesel has Downey poly bushings front and rear as well as their 24mm front torsion bars and low profile subbers.

Hey Turtle, how do you get a photo in your posts. I cn't figure it out. thx gj

Hey Turtle, how do you get a photo in your posts. I cn't figure it out. thx gj

If you are talking about the pic at the left that is an avatar.

Click the link at the top that says "My Controls"

On the left click the link that says "Edit Avatar Settings"

You can upload one from your computer or if you have one on the web you can directly reference it

• 3 months later...

I don't know about ground clearance on the frame, but my airbags will raise the rear bumper 5-6 inches.