Had a exhuast manifold leak, removed the manifold to find the gasket had been changed before. The gasket is leaking due to some scoring and warping.

I read here about changing the manifold and how affordable they are off e-bay but:

> some do not specify the 86 22re engine with fuel injection

> some are vague as to they cover all Toyota's

I actually called one of the suppliers which had some overseas 24 hour helpline and despite I cannot speak Pakistan or Indian languages, I guessed the service tech was trying to translate to me in his best Middle Eastern English it would not fit and didn't know what the diff was.

Some of the other suppliers do not give refunds.

I am want to take advantage of one of these deals and fix my leak, but wonder if anyone knows the diff in these manifolds and should one these fit as long as it is for an '86 22re engine and has the O2 sensor hole.

attachicon.gifexhaust manifold gasket replacement29 lostinbama2x1,38819th August 2008 - 10:11 PM

Last post by: tweberglass

Hey there dixiebear64,

look at this thread above. It is just below yours. Lostinbama and I (thepager5) replaced our manifolds. There are links to where we purchased ours as well as replacement of the maifold and the gaskets and broken bolts.

FROM THE THREAD: :thumbdown: hey there - I also have a 22re fi I am replacing my exhaust manifold gasket also. I did find an ebay store that has the manifold with the heat sheil for $23 + shipping - total is $45. This is unbelievable! Here is the link:

http://stores.ebay.com/Car-Parts-Wholesale...3QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Hope this helps - KP ('86 Dolphin 22re fi)

post-1069-1224040865_thumb.jpg

hey ya Pager~

I wholly appreciate your reply, I read your thread a few days ago before attempting to fix this manifold. You and "lostinbama" inspired me to go ahead and do it.

I even re-read your thread tonight before making my post hoping it was a cinch to buy one.

Oddly enough the e-bay link you referred is the very one I called that the Indian guy told me would not fit......hence my confusion b/c the ad says '86 truck.

The price has gone up too, it's $49 + $15 sh. Still, it's a bargain considering the dealer wants $240.

I have another one on e-bay I e-mailed a question to the seller to see if it will fit.

This is the link if you can check it out and give me your advice, it does not specifically list the '86 truck with fuel injection.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts-Acces...d=p4506.c0.m245

Good Morning,

When I ordered mine, I ordered to fit and '86 pickup. did not worry about the R or RE.

I believe 1985 and up are the same engine except for the fuel injection. 22R and 22RE. here is a thread from a Toyota forum where the question was asked about swapping the engines . . .

*was wondering if I could take the intake off a 22r and then put feul injection in it's place.?

Is it the same engine?

Depends on what year of 22R you are trying to convert. Any 22R/22RE 85 and up are going to be the same except for minor cam differances between the EFI and Carbed motors. The EFI intake will bolt right up to it. some 84 and late 83 heads had dual bolt pattern that will accept late model intakes as well as 83 and 84 manifolds. You will need the Distributor, EFI Fuel Tank and pump as well as all of the wiring, manifolds and sensors to make this happen as well.

yes you can just swap the heads and intake/exhaust, but you will also need all the wiring from under the hood and under the dash, the fuel pump and tank, ignitor/coil, mass airflow sensor, all those relays and if your just swapping heads you'll need to find the fuel lines that come from the firewall to the filter to the fuel rail.

from there its just a bit of splicing (the ignition wires must be connected)and turning the key

i would reccomend using the entire 22re block, beleive me you will have enough problems as it is.

http://bb.bc4x4.com/showthread.php?t=1814

heres the link.

Pager

hey there,

THIS IS ON EBAY RIGHT NOW! Item number: 220295084261 type this in the search box on ebay!

ebaystorebanner.gif

Toll Free 1-800-456-9645

Brand new quality after market Manifold

Not prone to cracking like the factory unit

1985-UP, NON-TURBO

22r 22re pickup and 4 Runner

Does not fit for Turbo

22rmanifold.jpg

Hey fella's, thanks tremendously for all your input.

I went ahead and ordered one off e-bay....I am inclined to agree it should fit too. The one I bought requires a "W" be in the tranny code.

Will update the thread when I finish the job.

Thanks again.

Kenny