Stove Removal (and giveaway)

I have a 21ft toyota dolphin and I would like to remove the Stove/Oven (we do not use propane on the RV as we live in it full time)

I was told by the previous owner that the Water heater, Fridge, Stove/oven all run off of the propane and all work well.

Since we dont use any of them I want to remove them, (starting with the stove/oven as first project)

and use the space they take up for more seating and storage.

Im kind of hesitant at removeing it beacuse I cant find my manual anywhere. And I would like to remove it in one piece so that I could sell/give it away to someone else who might need a working one.

If anyone here is in So.Cal and wants the fridge or stove/oven and knows how to remove it let me know!!

or if anyone might have some helpfull hints on how to remove it without damageing it.

much apreciated,

hope everyone is having a good day!

~~~Eli

What does full timing have to do with propane?????

Any way the stove/oven is an easy remove. Disconect the gas line. Use the correct cap on the gas line in the RV. Lift up the stove top and you should see 2-4 screws in the side/bottom of the stove top. Remove the screws and lift out the stove. Fill up the empty space with STUFF.

Thank you both!

I dont have the propane conected at all and am not planning on useing them,

so do I still need to cap the ends?

We dont use the Refridge or the stove,

We are almost never level, and cant really level the RV in the areas we park, (as we move the RV several times a day)

we also have a cat that lives full time on the RV with us, and we could never aford to have a leak somewhere,

and I use the back area as a tool shop and need small open flames sometimes,

Iv been back and forth considering useing the fridge and stove, I just dont think I have full understandings of them to trust living with them full time *shrugs*

sometimes I feel like im making everything a bit harder then it needs to be.

but we are trying to find a way to switch over to a solar system, hopefully a solar fridge by next year, and a solar oven in the next few months, and hopefully some small single burner we can mount in the RV...

Thank you both for the help tho!

I dont have the propane conected at all and am not planning on useing them,

so do I still need to cap the ends?

We dont use the Refridge or the stove,

We are almost never level, and cant really level the RV in the areas we park, (as we move the RV several times a day)

we also have a cat that lives full time on the RV with us, and we could never aford to have a leak somewhere,

and I use the back area as a tool shop and need small open flames sometimes,

Iv been back and forth considering useing the fridge and stove, I just dont think I have full understandings of them to trust living with them full time *shrugs*

sometimes I feel like im making everything a bit harder then it needs to be.

but we are trying to find a way to switch over to a solar system, hopefully a solar fridge by next year, and a solar oven in the next few months, and hopefully some small single burner we can mount in the RV...

If you are not going to cap the gas line, take it completely out so that the next owner does not "assume" that no one would ever remove an appliance without caping the line and fill the coach with gas one day.

As far as a stove, you can always use a portable propane or white gas stove outside.

Portable back packing stoves put out enough heat to cook just about anything and only take up a few square inches of space when put away.

If you decide to "get rid of them" let me know. I'm working on trying to get a second Sunrader 4X4 that are missing these things.

Hope you're living in the RV is doing well.

Ken

1986 Sunrader 4x4

Seems a shame to take out the good stuff, it will really lower the resale value of your Toyota. Propane appliances are very safe, if used properly. Many people with less smarts than you use these appliances daily. Most any one with an rv would take the time to show you how to use them. I know I would if in your area. You can get alarms to alert you to propane leaks and to poisonous gas levels. Most propane appliances have built in safety systems that shut off the gas in the event of a malfunction. Propane fridges dont need to be dead level (if its level enough to be comfortable for you its likely ok for the fridge) and fridges like being moved around.

imho Propane is safer than the gasoline you put in your car daily (1 gal of gasoline has explosive energy of 19 sticks of dynamite).

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Solar fridges are expensive as oooo but are fantastic! All the modern European motorhomes have them. Solar Ovens are great too. :)

Your worries about propane are reasonable especially on an old rig that has propane tubes snaking all over the god forsaken place to water heaters, stoves, ovens, even heaters. That's a lot of connections. However, propane and the connections are almost fail proof if they are properly sealed and "rarely" fail. And the odor usually gives any leak away anyways. :o

Myself a longterm dry camper, I opted to go with a simple coleman 2 burner stove that sits atop my countertop and runs to my only small portable propane tank (I think it's 1 gallon? maybe 2. I traded it for my 5 gallon tank as it was just too big and bulky. I too converted my fridge to solar marine). My little tank lasts about 2 months worth of full-time cooking! It's light, it's NEW, it's cheap to replace, it's clean, it uses very little gas and can be used outside as well. The Old built-in stove/oven sucked. It was grossly over-sized, had sharp corners, rusty and was taking up valuable space. Besides that it was just ugly :thumbdown: