Hi all -

We recently purchased a Sunrader 180RD wth the 1ton axle upgrade. What do I tell the auto parts people when I need parts for this axle - brake shoes, wheel bearings Etc? The year of the motorhome is 1982, but what year would the upgraded axle be, and what was it originally used on? The paperwook with the motorhome just says it is a "type C" axle upgrade kit. Any help would be appreciated

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Turbo Greg's correct, there is generally a code stamped on the axle housing. you may have to clean the differential up to read it. The local Toyota parts people should be able to tell you what parts you need.

When I purchased my motorhome, I was given a packet by the previous owner with upgrade information. The information only shows "1979 through 1983 components for micro-mini motor homes on 1979 through 1983 model year Toyota cab and chassis." Unfortunately there are no part reference numbers. The address on the materials is Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc 19001 Western Ave. PO Box 2991 Torrance, CA 90509-2991.

Although Toyota.com shows the address as:

Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.

19001 South Western Ave.

Dept. WC11

Torrance, CA 90501

Phone: 800-331-4331

Mon - Fri, 5:00 am - 6:00 pm PT

Sat, 7:00 am - 4:00 pm PT

Fax: 310-468-7814

Here is are good references for general "stuff"

http://www.fourwheeler.com/toyota/

http://www.off-road.com/toyota/tech/axles.html