Wall mount thermostat /suburban furnace

Stretch

I have a 1993 Winnebago Warrior an my thermostat set in the *off* position keeps on running , with LP tank off. Our temps got down in the low 30s a few nites ago, thermostat was set in the off toggle switch setting an the temp setting was at the lowest setting. Im thinking the off mode isnt working as when i got up early the fan was running , i cycled the off/on switch under the thermostat to no avail, i pulled the breaker out from the converter panel. This is the original suburban thermo an functions great in all respects, heat,cycles.etc.just runns when gas is cut off an temps get low. I did look with the cover plate off an saw that the plastic sw. may not be opening that small contact point if its intended to do so, thanks in advance for any advice etc, as its killed one battery already, before i discovered this problem.

I had the same problem, sooo went to the Big orange box store and bought a digital wal theromostat. It only works for heat, but it doesn't have to be level to work like the old one.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for all the information, i simply squeezed,slightly bent an reseated the electrical contact part to conform to the plastic switch so it would create the open it was intended to do when in the *off* position. Usage thru time created the problem. Thanks for a great site an im sorry i didnt respond sooner as within 24 hours i had the problem corrected. Posting this so perhaps it can help some future candidate.