1978 Toyota Chinook

Geared up

While trying to convince my friend to rent me his 1978 Toyota Chinook, he talked me into buying it. Never owned or driven a motorhome before this, but drove it half-way across the country and was amazed to discover the little Chinook got 20-21 m.p.g. I decided to keep it and have made several weekend trips with it.

I was thinking about selling, but since I discovered this website, I might keep it a bit longer.

Can someone give me the history on this older but still functional m.h. as well as any tips on care and feeding to ensure a long and healthy life. It's already got over 200K, but runs just fine. Thanks.

Geared

Rule 1 its a Toyota truck, but the camping part is normal rv stuff. If something breaks fix it right no bailing wire and bubble gum.

Things to watch for on a Chinook is the rear door and the floor there. Also the canvas, windows and the erector set stuff for raising the roof.

Good luck and welcome to the club.

While trying to convince my friend to rent me his 1978 Toyota Chinook, he talked me into buying it. Never owned or driven a motorhome before this, but drove it half-way across the country and was amazed to discover the little Chinook got 20-21 m.p.g. I decided to keep it and have made several weekend trips with it.

I was thinking about selling, but since I discovered this website, I might keep it a bit longer.

Can someone give me the history on this older but still functional m.h. as well as any tips on care and feeding to ensure a long and healthy life. It's already got over 200K, but runs just fine. Thanks.

Geared