Anybody know where I can get aftermarket leaf spring eye bushings for an '88?

you can get stock rubber ones from any Toyota dealer and several major parts houses. you can get polly ones from the off road shops like Downey Off road

http://www.downeyoff-road.com/SuspensionCo...lyurethane.html

I bought my POLYURETHANE bushings through http://www.jcwhitney.com/Bushings-Accessor...03409_10101.jcw they are on sale for under $30 right now for the 88 pickup. Definitely go with the poly's as they keep the shackles straight with almost no side to side angle flexing. I'll bet the Toyota stock soft rubber bushings are more $ than these.

Scroll down through the posts to this thread . . . look at the date - you will find it easier.

f_hot_no_dot.gifattachicon.gifspring bushings how to order correct poly bushings16 lostinbama2x58919th March 2008 - 11:30 AM

Last post by: thepager5

I have posted what I used - included are pics and install instructions.

Hope this helps

Pager

Arkansas

post-1069-1220217897_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the input but I am still a little confused. I called Downey off-road and they could not give me a specific appliction for the 1 ton leaf springs but had universal applications for up to 1985. It showed small diameter bushings for the shackle side and large diameter bushings for the front of the leaf. I called another 4wd place and they had two seperate applications; One up to 1985 and the other 1993 and beyond which included other models.

Looking through the attached thread to an earlier post about spring replacements that you provided, both people in the thread got kits from two different places and stated that the larger bushings would not fit and had to be changed out or not used at all as well as the steel sleeves not being used either.

I am trying not to pull things apart without the bushings in my hand but no one mentions diameters of the bushings. A third supply house told me to bring them in and they would just mix and match. I guess due to the nature of the beast this is how repairs go on these rigs. Any further details would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.