fridge removal...

I finally took the huge broken AC off the roof of my Dolphin and put in a new 14" vent there insted,

now I want to move onto the broken stinky fridge,  .... how do I go about removing this and all its hookups?....

I really apreciate all the advice I read on here in my travels,

makes living out of an RV much easier when I have somewhere to shoot questions and bounce around ideas!

-=^..^=-

Easy is a relative term. But assuming you have the original Dometic fridge, it's not too bad. The electrical and gas connections can be disconnected from the access panel on the outside of the coach. On the inside of the coach, along the two sides of the fridge door, there are either 4 or 6 screws (depending on the model of fridge) attaching the fridge to the built in cabinet. With these removed and the electrical/gas disconnected, you can just slide the fridge out into the coach and then out the door.

Don't forget to disconnect your street and battery power and turn off your gas at the tank before you begin. And keep the tank off until the gas line is either reconnected or plugged off.

What will you be replacing the old fridge with?

Just to add to this thread.......

Make sure that you cap off the gas line completely.

DO NOT just crimp it over and hope that it will not leak.

Spend the $1 to get a flair fitting plug http://www.plumbingsupply.com/flarefittings.html#flareplug

Check with soapy water to make sure that you do not have any leaks from the disconnected gas line.

Check the entire line and all fittings as you will be jiggling the old line around

DON'T trust your nose to tell you if you have a gas leak.

If it won't fit out the door. Remove the passangers seat and take it out that door.

Another option is to go through the rear window if you have the rear table

model with the large window, especially if the rear window has not been

resealed in several years, this would give you a chance a reseal it.

ACE just replaced his frig that way last week.

Dennis...

Easy is a relative term. But assuming you have the original Dometic fridge, it's not too bad. The electrical and gas connections can be disconnected from the access panel on the outside of the coach. On the inside of the coach, along the two sides of the fridge door, there are either 4 or 6 screws (depending on the model of fridge) attaching the fridge to the built in cabinet. With these removed and the electrical/gas disconnected, you can just slide the fridge out into the coach and then out the door.

Don't forget to disconnect your street and battery power and turn off your gas at the tank before you begin. And keep the tank off until the gas line is either reconnected or plugged off.

What will you be replacing the old fridge with?

It looks like its the original dometic fridge,...

where do I disconect the battery power from the fridge?

I dont use the propane tank at all so I guess I dont have to worry about that leaking and whatnot ;)... unless i then later want too use the stove...

I think im either going to put a mini fridge/cooler in place and run it off of solar panels...

or wait a bit and get a solar powered fridge unit when they go done more in price....

looks like ill try to take it through the passenger side door ....

My back window with emergency exit has had a large board for shelving put over it...

and since im not useing any propane tanks...

then all is left is to disconect the battery power somehow?