1981 "Wanderlust" Toyota Mini Motor Home

haggardoldman

:ThumbUp: Hello Fellow Toyota Motor Home Owners! I just came in to ownership of a 1981 "Wanderlust" Toyota Motor Home, 20R 4 cylinder engine, 4 speed transmission, dual rear axles, tag axle with electric brakes. Only 30,000 miles! Floor plan has bathroom directly behind driver's seat, followed by the refrigerator, with the dinette bringing up the rear, and the kitchen on the passengers's side. I would appreciate any direction in getting documentation for this baby, including an owner's/user's manual, etc.

Thanks!

Paul (haggardoldman)

Hi Paul and welcome to the group here.

There is some documentation such as refrigerator heater etc type manuals in the files section of the gallery. You may find that a manual even for a different year or model appliance will still give you the information. Certain appliance models were used by many coach builders for several years.

Greg

Hi Greg!

Nice looking unit!

The previous owner has several "component" manuals that were included with the unit; What I am looking for is a general "owners manual" like the binder that came with our 1985 Suncrest E-350 Ford based motor home (another story for another day) that describes the general systems and their operations, locations of valves and switches, etc. It does not have to be original - a clean photocopy will do.

I am not even sure of the name of the unit; "Wanderlust" is what is on the spare tire cover - the closest I have seen in pictures is a model named "Heritage" any direction on identifying my unit is appreciated.

:help:

Thanx!

Paul

I have a sunrader owners manual posted in the gallery it can be found here Sunrader Owners Manual. If you check it out you will see that many things like locations of valves just are not in the manual. It tends to cover general operations and safety. You may be able to find a manual for the truck chassis for that year thru ebay or even a chiltons repair manual but as far as finding something specific for the rv coach that may be very hard to find. I will say if you do, and you are willing, I would very much like to be able to post a reproduction here. What I found with my 86 Sunrader is that I had ti discover many things myself. I crawled underneath and saw a pipe with a cap on it, but had no idea what it was. Sometime later I pulled (removed the screws) plywood cover under the dining area passenger seat and found a valve that was hooked into the fresh water tank. It was the pipe that I saw underneath that was capped off. It was actually a drain to drain the tank. So long story short is I have all the original documentation, even the bill of sales for my rig. There is a big portion of stuff that just has to be discovered. No documentation, no manual etc. I found valves on water lines inside a compartment that probably turns off the water supply to the shower but I have not tested it, no mention of this valve in the owners manual. So I hate to say it but much of it is left to discovery. :detective2:

Greg