I got new tires awhile back. After I left the tire shop (Big O) I was driving thru a parking lot real slow and there was this clunk clunk clunk sound in sync with the revolution of my tires. I could hear that it was coming from the rear passenger somewhere. I got out and looked at everything but could see nothing. :umm: My first thought of course was that they did not torque the lug nuts on properly. I did not have a torque wrench with me so I bought one and re torqued the lugs. The noise continued. Did I mention this was the day before we were leaving on a week trip. At home which is 20 plus miles from Big O I jack up the rear and remove the suspect wheels. What I find is that the emergency brake cable that goes from the frame to the wheel assembly is rubbing on the rim. The clunk clunk noise is a new wheel weight hitting the cable. :ranting2: So I put it all back together and found that I could finagle the cable away from the rim. But lots of corners or using the emergency brake put it right back against the wheel.

So it looks like I have to lengthen that cable housing. There is no way to create a way to tie it back with a bungy cord as the muffler is right there. I have not yet checked wit Toyota to see if there is a longer cable housing. There must be some available for all the jacked up 4x4 pickups on the road.

:turned: