Seat belts other than in the cab

I am trying to find a vehicle to use for trips with 8 of us. 6 adults plus a 4 year old and a 6 month old baby. Don't plan on sleeping in it or camping. In past years I have used a Class A motorhome but got out of the motorhome business about 5 years ago. Just want to travel with a little more comfort than a straight 8 or 10 passenger van. Toyota class C came to mind since it has a fairly good reliability record and gas milage is certainly better than my 6mpg with my old Class A. Question-did they put seat belts in any of the Toyota Class C motorhomes, other than the cab, and if so, how many? Newer models or did it vary with manufacturer? Appreciate your thoughts and/or suggestions. Thanks, Ray

Hey there,

My 86 Dolphin has 2 belts on the couch and 2 belts on the dinette. Also as expected, 2 belts in the cab. (sorry pic does not show belts - they are tucked behind for sleeping)

This is a 21 ft Model 900 86 Toyota Dolphin.

There are rigs that will accomodate your needs but I think your going to have to find a couch and dinette configuration to get all belted in.

There is still room to add additional belts if need.

Pager

Arkansas

post-1069-1214709988_thumb.jpg

post-1069-1214710007_thumb.jpg

post-1069-1214710282_thumb.jpg

Appreciate the pictures. It looks as if the dinette seat is fairly narrow. Can you get two belts on each side of the dinette?. I figure I could add a third set to the sofa but have to get two on one side of the dinette seat. Probably could fit the two car seats on one side and get by with the one set on the other side. Has anyone ever been stopped by the Highway Patrol to check if all people are strapped in? Even those in the rear? Thanks again for the replys. Ray

I was wondering the same thing. We are looking at getting a toyhome possibly,and the ones I like are the rear dinette models because my wife can get to the bathroom easy in the middle of the night,and so can the kids if need be. My worry is that even in the non-rear dinette models you have seatbelts on the couch,which sits sideways to the direction of travel. This is an issue regardless of you size in my opinion,and could be dangerous for kids in car setas that while having 5 point harnesses the seats are designed for forward,or rearward travel,not sideways. Anyone ever re-configure the seat belts somehow to allow carseats to be mounted facing the correct way? Also I hear the rear dinette is a bouncy place to sit,is that true of all of them? Am I crazy to be looking at a toyhome for a family of 4 that camps maybe 4-5 times a season? Thanks in advance.

Chris