Newbie seeking roof/ceiling guidance!

BreeLamb

Hi friends! My partner and I recently purchased a 1992 Winnebago Warrior. Suffice it say, she needs a complete overhaul on the inside. We are starting with the roof and would love any information or guidance that you seasoned RVers might have.

I have 2 questions regarding the integrity of the roof:

1. We are planning to relocate the bathroom and make a U-shaped dinette in the back (back is currently shower, head and wardrobe). Are the pocket doors/walls for the shower load bearing? If we remove them should we seek to reinforce this area?

2. Our RV has a thin metal roof. When we removed an old satellite dish and the old AC unit we noticed that some parts of the roof appear to have 3/4" plywood underneath it, but in others we only see a sandwich of very thin plywood>1/2" insulation>very thin plywood. Can we assume that the 3/4" plywood that we see is part of a basic framework and not a full sheet underneath the metal? I'm sorry if this is a really silly/obvious question - we just want to make sure we get the roof right. 

Thanks for your help! 

Edited by BreeLamb

Usually the thicker stuff was for supporting the AC unit. Some had heavier plywood in the rear for a "luggage rack" of sorts.