Roof has "Waves", not sure what to do.

Freewheeler

Hey All, 

I spent many hours yesterday scrubbing, and I removed the rest of the rack, as well as the useless tire carrier.  Getting ready to fill holes and seal the entire roof. I hope the pictures show it okay for you, but I have some odd waves in the aluminum skin where it is separated from the wood underneath. How the heck does one fix this, without tearing the entire roof off? I very much do not want to take that on.  I looked back in over 60 pages of posts, and I did not come across this at all. There's a weird circle of screws right in the middle, that I can only assume is a previous owner's attempt to fix it. Any help would be appreciated!

Dason.

20201108_220100.jpg

20201108_215839.jpg

20201106_014549.jpg

Considering the age of your motorhome the roof looks fantastic. Does the wavy area feel soft on the outside or inside in that location? If not I would ignore it. Seal the roof and enjoy your camper. If it does feel soft a 2 part epoxy injected to some small holes in the aluminum that spreads will reharden the wood underneath and seal it to the metal roof. Weight it with some sand bags until it cures. Might never go perfectly flat but it will be stronger. Then complete your seal job

Linda S

Also the previous owner could have taken out the roof air conditioner unit, given the circle repair that was done. That might be the wave issue if of the previous owner re-sealing the roof.

Just a shot in the dark.

Cheers,

Gary

Thanks Linda and Gary! I'm glad to hear this isn't a major problem. The roof is quite solid, I still wouldn't walk up there, but there are no soft spots at all. Just a few holes to fix up. 

I appreciate the feedback. :)