buying tm.....helpppppp

coyote

• coyote changed the title to buying tm.....helpppppp

I like mine! :)

Check out the usual stuff: tires (7 years max is rule of thumb), scheduled maintenance is important (timing belt, valve clearances), head gasket replaced on 3VZE, test all appliances, test cab and roof A/C, check for leaks and mushy walls around cabover (under mattress especially), any water marks on ceiling, should run/drive smoothly and maintain highway speed of 60-65mph on level road, lots of hard bumps/crashing-noises/rolling-side-to-side indicate suspension needs work.

Edited by Ctgriffi

How much is it? It seems like just in the past 2-3 months they have been asking wicked high prices. Ditto what Ctgriffi wrote. Look and look again for leaks etc. everything else is pretty much a buy/install situation. Good luck

The devil is in the details. If it needs tires or a furnace or a new fridge you can easily add thousands to the bill. Is it in your town and you have looked at it. If online you must know that scammers are abundant. Lots of scum ready to take your deposit and disappear. You must be able to see it in person and make sure the picture's your looking at accurately represent the motorhome your trying to buy. Good luck 

Linda S

What everyone else said.  And...keep in mind that it is almost 30 years old.  I bought mine (a 91 Warrior as well) , great condition, but have literally spent thousands in upgrades and repairs.  Granted, it didn't NEED most of it.  But some of it, it did.  Problems will arise, be prepared to spend a little more.  Safety first...brakes, steering, tires, etc.  And definitely, definitely check for leaks in the coach.  What looks good on a sunny day, might not be as appealing in a heavy downpour.