91 Warrior - Screen Door Latch

Ctgriffi

My original screen door latch is long gone, before my time. I don't know what it looked like, or how it operated exactly, but I think it might be different than the universal style replacements that I've seen for sale.

Anyway, I reached out to WinnebagoParts.com awhile back and heard nothing. So, if anybody has a photo of that original latch—or has found a great replacement/solution—I'd love to hear about it. Thanks!

Mines an an 86 Escaper, so it probably won't help, but I took some pictures of my whole door handle and latch assembly just in case. The screen door is just a cabinet magnet down towards the bottom and a small roller near the door handle.  

IMG_20201008_183014316.jpg

IMG_20201008_183019321.jpg

IMG_20201008_183027171.jpg

IMG_20201008_183836498.jpg

IMG_20201008_183853597.jpg

IMG_20201008_183904874.jpg

IMG_20201008_183913416.jpg

2 hours ago, Maineah said:

Pretty much an industry standard most RV places will have what you need.

I'm not sure that an industry standard exists for screen door latches on all decades/models of RV. 

I see a lot of this kind around online: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BRJTZE/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_-ajGFbX8MXMA8 Which would definitely not work on my door setup...

The aftermarket roller-ball deal is what I currently have (thanks, Josh), although mine is a little janky, and needs frequent adjustment. Was hoping that Winnebago had something else in place originally. Something good/better.

So is your slider still there. Winnebago parts shows listings for the slider and a single roller catch. Not a sale site just original parts document. No exact pics though just diagrams.

http://www.winnebagoind.com/service/wincd/1991/91tt321eb.pdf

page 25 of 26

Would be nice to see what you have and if your slider is completely missing what is the height and width of the space. The sliders are there to cover area where you reach main door latch when it's open to block flies from getting in. 

Linda S

Yeah, I do have the slider, Linda—I think most everything is there, and I do have a single roller catch, but it just doesn't work very well and has clearly been replaced a time or two, with various mounting holes drilled around that area. I thought, might've been something different in that spot originally, but guess not. Thanks for the link.

Most big hardware stores carry some latches like that. Maybe if you can see an assortment in person you could find something better suited. Or maybe an RV store near you? Ordering online is always a crap shoot unless you can find the exact part. I have found nothing for a Winnebago like yours . 

Linda S

The individual motorhome people did not make the doors and hardware they were sourced from others the hardware on my 1990 Sunline camper are exactly the same as my 1987 New Horizon toy home. The roller catches are usually stock by hardware stores.