Jenson tank sensor monitor H2O pump switch issue on 86 Sunland-Express?

bigo_oxes

Its been a while since I've been on here, but I'm currently stumped and could use a hand.  I have been remodeling my Sunland-Express's interior for what feels like forever now and am getting around to putting the Water pump Tank monitor/sensor electric all back together. My monitor says Jenson on it but its the original gold one that I think was used on a few different models around the same time period (late 80's). When I originally disconnected it it had one Black wire,  and two white wires coming from the sensor panel (see attached pics). There's one black and one white wire coming from the Pump switch and one white wire coming from the connection that hold all of the sensor wires to the panel. I assumed that means Black to Black/white (Positive) and white wires to the white wires (negative). Whenever I use the sensor wired this way everything works fine but the PUMP switch. When I engage or turn on the Pump switch a clicking noise starts happening from the inverter battery area (not from H2O pump) and the wires start to get hot.  It all worked fine before and I just want to make sure I'm actually wiring the switch and pump correctly but cant find any useful info on this  through the web ? I also have upgraded my original invertor convertor and haven't had any other electrical issues to date. I have the sensor panel wired and running by itself with a 15A fuse. Below are pictures of what it looked like before I unhooked everything a few years ago but you can see the area where the 12v wires connect is kind of cut off. If anyone has any experience or useful info with this I'd appreciate the help greatly !

IMG_7262.jpg

IMG_7263.jpg

Edited by bigo_oxes
wrong date applied

• bigo_oxes changed the title to Jenson tank sensor monitor H2O pump switch issue on 86 Sunland-Express?

Shorted or reversed polarity wires. It's a thermal cut out it will get hot then trip (ping or clicking noise) It is a bit unusual for a switch to use black and white wires together I'm assuming that is the pump switch. They are heavier that the other wires so I'm guessing it is.