Bad Odors

Sammyhood

We just purchased a 1983 Toyota Sunrader and are dealing with a very bad odor that we don't know what the source is. We have taken the carpet out thinking that was the problem but so far that hasn't helped. Has anyone else had this experience. Would the wood that the cabinets are made of, or glues, or insulation cause a bad smell. We have aired it out for three days and it is still bad. There is no apparent water damage or leaks.

What does it smell like? Could be a dead rodent somewhere. Could also be from grey and or black tanks. Pour some water in the shower drain. If the water in the p trap evaporates gases from the tank will enter the coach. Same for the sink drain. Another possibility is a bad vent pipe from one of the tanks. If it has come loose somewhere inside a cabinet. There should also be a small amount of water in the toilet bowl to also keep gasses out. Only other things would of course be mold. Check your cab over. I discovered a leak around my front windows but only after I pulled the carpet back from the windows. The other possibility is the refrigerator has a leak but that would be more of an ammonia smell.