I spent the last six months working on inside and outside improvements to our 21' 1986 Sunrader.
It has been a long strange, and fun, journey so far.
After taking a few trips we are hoping to improve the 22Re motor somewhat.

We knew when we bought him that there is an issue with oil consumption. Ha!!
We are using more than a litre of oil per tank of fuel. Not burning blue, or seeing anything when driving. And the oil is not leaking per se onto the ground.
I am not a mechanic, but I am assuming this is a seal issue.
Can anybody recommend what we should do?
Thanks. Rick

Check PVC valve. It should rattle when you shake it. Can be cleaned with carb cleaner. Do compression test including leak down. Pay a mechanic. Shouldn't be very expensive or you can buy a gauge and learn how to do it " youtube". look underneath. Is it clean or oily. Sometimes they don't really leak into the floor. Leaks more when hot and driving so will dirty underneath with no mess on the floor or driveway. When it's cold stick your finger in the tailpipe and see if there is oily residue. That's all I got

Linda S

Remove the spark plugs and see what the tips look like. Post pics.  Rub your finger in the exhaust pipe... dry soot OK, greasy/oily bad

Leaking things... easy fixes... front seal, plugged PCV, valve cover gasket, leaking front or rear 1/2 moon plugs on valve cover gasket, oil filter gasket, oil pressure sensor. Hard fix, a rear seal.

Thanks you two. I will do those things.
I have had two separate compression tests done and compression came back very good.
Which has always been encouraging and why we have continued working away on him.

Front crank seals are a very common issue with 22R series engines and very hard to see. Have a good look underneath at the front of the engine behind the lower pulley. The oil pump is in there too so the sealing ring on the pump should be replaced at the same time.