How do I remove this and what is it for?

hamkid

The 2 drain valves have a "T" handle on them that pulls (LIFTS)  up to let the water out. The pipes that aren't connected, I have no idea as to where they go. You will just have to follow them out and see what they hook to. When you pull the handle up about 1/4" to 1/2" the water will drain out the pipes going underneath the floor  to ground.

Just looking at things I THINK that the 2 ends should connect to a t and the t to the drain valve. Duplicate the other line.

New fittings and a drain valve from your local RV store.

Shark Bite fittings will connect things

We really need to know where these pipes are coming from. It's not normal to have 2 drain valves. Usually just 1 from the fresh water tank. What pipe is the non broken one attached to and where are the other 2 open ends going. Maybe you can just bypass that T and ignore it

Linda S

They are under the sink cabinets in between the hot water heater and shower room. The sink water lines are coming from the top into those lines you are seeing. The pictures I just posted are in order. After the part that is broken the lines go into the wall of the shower room. I will have to take a look on the outside and take more pics.

A55B47AA-631B-4E31-BE50-8AD382295FED.jpeg

8B82D405-09C5-4B61-BC36-26187284134C.jpeg

C4151E44-2670-4DA8-A672-ADBD601244C4.jpeg

The 2 open pipes? Hook them together and see what happens. If the T is just a drain not having it for a while shouldn't change the way the water flows. That little connecter looks like that's what it was for. If that doesn't fit properly find something else at the hardware store that will. 

Linda S

That T valve probably has a lock ring underneath your camper. See if you can get to it to remove if needed. Save the T. They are so hard to find might be good for parts or maybe it can be fixed with a glued on connecter or a sharkbite fitting

They have been cut they do not come apart it kind of looks like they were tightly packed in there and had a cracked line or frozen joint. Shark bites work very well not cheap but save you a great deal of grief putting all of that back together. There are standard 1/2" plastic pipe type fittings just copy the old parts and you should be fine the shark bite come in every plumbing type connection "T"'s, couplings 90's. The biggest issue will be the valve you may have to use a shark bite valve also and a stick of 1/2" pex. The gray stuff is no longer made but the shark bites are compatible with all 1/2"  flexible plastic pipe.

Plenty parts, Home Depot, mail order, your local RV place.

You need a couple of unions, a T fitting, an inline valve, a 90 degree fitting and some pipe. There 2 types of easy fittings the CST push on and the type with the threaded lock nut.

Use the inline valve and 90 degree fitting to replace the broken drain valve.

https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/electrical-plumbing-lp-gas/rv-pumps-water-filters-fixtures/plumbing-fittings

Edited by WME