Clean registrations or titles

rvplease

So let's say you are lucky enough to find your dream Toyota (like a Nova Star owned by Jerry Lee Lewis), how do you make sure it really belongs to the seller?  And how do you get it home, with it registered to another person in another state, without getting in a lot of trouble?  How do you make sure you get the right paperwork from the seller?  After all of the ups and downs of finding the rig, it would be a shame to have the paperwork ruin things.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Need to know what state it's in. Some states don't even have titles and it can be a pain in states where they are required like New York and California. But it can be done. You can google an example of title for the state that it's in and print it so you know it looks right. Most states won't ticket you if you are driving through them with a signed off title and bill of sale and most important proof of insurance. If you decide it's the one you want just calling your insurance company and the will give you a binder, temp insurance, immediately. Have them email you the proof and you can bring it up on your phone if you need to show it to anyone. 

Just checked New York wants you to get a temporary transit permit from the state where it is currently. So where is it and I'll figure this out. 

Mind you I picked up my Nissan Sunrader in New York and had 4 different bills of sale . Plates were from Alaska. I drove it to California with no problem. 

Thanks, googling an example of the title is perfect, insurance emailed so it's on the phone also a very good idea.  Just need to find the one for us, so we can start the paperwork... 

Heck, I could only dream of pulling up to a campsite and seeing The Killer step out of a Nova Star parked next door.

Whooeee.

Good luck with your search.

TG

Thanks, no sense just looking for the nearly impossible to find rear dinette sunrader that's not a small kings ransom, may as well look for an even rarer Nova Star which was only made for a few years.   Maybe time for a reality check, since my main interests are 6 bolt front wheels. rear dinette and a not leaky roof...

Don't count on finding an untrained AAA clerk. My daughter works at California DMV and a title if you only have a bill of sale is not supposed to happen. AAA clerk also registered my truck as an SUV instead of a truck. Guess he thinks 4 doors means it's not a truck. I got lucky too cause it saves me 85 dollars a year in weight fees. Daughter promised not to turn me in but she says DMV has to fix their errors all the time. 

Linda S