Toyota Classic RV's

Hi,

I'm trying to learn more about the Toyota Motorhomes.  I know some people love them and others don't.  What are the major challenges you have with these motorhomes?  I've heard the rear chassis has a lot of problems and can't pull it's weight.  I'm a newbie and would like any support/suggestions you can give me.

The axle problems were fixed by 1986 so anything made after that is fine. As far as not pulling it's own weight we have members here who have gone to Alaska and over the Rockies. Maybe not as fast as some big engines but they make it fine. The smaller size makes it much easier to drive and park just about anywhere. Your not going to get 20 MPG but you can expect 15. My old camper van with a Dodge 360 engine used to get 10 max but usually 8. Thousands of them still on the road so dependability is pretty darn good. They are super fun. If you ever see one for sale near you check it out, maybe drive it. You'll see what I mean

Linda S