1981 Sunrader diesel

vtchris

I am asking a "what's it worth?" question for a friend. 1981 Sunrader, 4 cyl diesel 5 sp stick, 130K, full floating axle in rear, 5 lug in front, everything works, no leaks, inspected by mechanic. REAR DINETTE. Give me your opinion. Sorry I don't have a photo.  Thanks in advance!

118507185_1186544411731707_7562629831946857245_n.jpg

118523449_1012036612569594_3202005968385774592_n.jpg

118559431_326986885212351_6005409490407192126_n.jpg

Edited by vtchris
pics

Your location will make a huge difference. I'm in Texas and I've been seeing Toyota RVs going for half of what they're going for in California and other parts of the country.

People love the diesels even though they are slower than turtles. In fact owner of toyota-camper group used Turtle as his screen name because of the one he used to own. One in good shape is hard to find. You don't say what they are asking but I would say 6 to 7 thousand minimum , 12 thousand max

Linda S

It is in Vermont.  I know the owner & the buyer.

Now that I see the pics, it does look more like an 18 footer.  Gets 24 mpg.

Edited by vtchris
add

4 minutes ago, linda s said:

A little bird told me that you said this is a 21 footer? I have never seen a 21 ft Sunrader with a diesel. I didn't know any were made. The low horsepower becomes a more serious issue with the added weight, AKA hills.

Linda S

What do you think it is worth Linda?

Well since the shorty 18 footers seem to always be valued more I would put top dollar on this 21 ft Sunrader at around 8 grand and only if it's a real looker. All clean and no issues. At 21 feet your not even going to get greatly increased mileage which is the best thing about the diesels. There were some other brands that used the diesels and for them I would cut that price in half except for maybe the Mini Cruisers. They are lucky it's a Sunrader. It really came with a diesel? Is the sticker still in the engine compartment? I saw one full sized Sunrader with a diesel in San Francisco years ago but it was a conversion, not factory. 

Linda S

I think I was mistaken and it is indeed a shortie.

They did make diesel pickups around that vintage and yes they were Slow! So it sure is possible one ended up as a motor home.