Anything worth 15k?

janky

In the market for a toyota RV as a starter for full-time road living. This is the highest price I've ever seen one of these listed, but seems to be in excellent (if original) condition. 

Called the owner, he claimed demand was high for the vehicle.

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/rvs/d/sacramento-1989-toyota-dolphin-class-v6/7172078855.html

Other slower option would be to look for a Promaster / Sprinter base and build from scratch, or wait for a Toyota at a more affordable purchase price. Buy or pass? 

Overpriced in my opinion, It's clean but keep in mind on these older vehicles low mileage can be worse than high mileage. A vehicle that was barely driven over a span of 31 years sat for a huge portion of its life. This usually causes all of the rubber and seals to end up going bad, not to mention the risk of mice and other things chewing wiring and what not. 

In the past I've seen old low mileage vehicles sit and once they are finally driven seals start going out left and right. Oil seals, crank seals, transmission output seals, radiator hoses, belts, etc. One of my previous rigs was a 1987 and it had sat for only 4 years prior to me buying. Within 50 miles of me buying it it had two flat tires, and the front main crank seal went out, spilling all of its oil out on the road and over the engine. 

Pass- He is nothing but a salesman or conman for that comment plus he's probably smoking something.

I've seen this ad out there before so it could be fishy. One... for 15K the description should be more than a couple of sentences, like a paragraph of a spotless maintenance record history. 18K on the odometer, hard to believe but really this would be a sign of a bad fuel pump or worse yet a leaky gas tank from non-use. Nothing on the tires, no pic of the engine, etc...

Honestly for that I would  go for base Sprinter or get the toy floor plan of your dreams like a rear dinette with the panoramic view.

Gary

I hate to say it but this is the new norm. There's a 19 ft Winnebago 4 cylinder in same area for 22 grand and a low mileage 4 cylinder Dolphin for 16,500. And were not even talking Sunraders. There's a V6 shorty one in southern Cal right now for $26,000. Damn I'm rich

Linda S