NH bound

fred heath

Getting ready for my annual 965 mile trek to NH. Will post updates on gas mileage.

Hope this covid 19 doesn’t strand me in some state while northbound (I live in NC).

Should take about 20 hours. Only stop for fuel and power snooze.

My rig is 41 years old, and still runs strong.🙂

Have a safe trip Fred, I'd be surprised to see any border security unless you venture into Mayor Cuomo's neighborhood.

I’m hoping because I’m just passing through they’ll leave me alone. I’m not in NY for long. Only eastbound toll is in Newburgh for $1.50 (single wheels).

The same route along the 95 corridor would be over $50.00 in tolls. The 81/84 route adds about 200 miles extra to the trip. But at the speed of “slow “ who cares.

Funny footnote, return trip no tolls in Newburg. Only eastbound.

13 minutes ago, Damien said:

Good luck and safe travels Fred! 

Thank you. !!

Successful trip to NH. Total trip time 20 hours. Total drive time 19 hours. Miles driven 923. Average speed 48.57 mph. Average mpg 19.64.

Not bad for a 41 year old vehicle. Especially to do that type of nonstop driving. Only problem is I’m useless for the next two days (fatigued).

36 minutes ago, fred heath said:

Only problem is I’m useless for the next two days (fatigued).

Anything over 10 hours takes me a day to recover. At the speed of parked impossible to have cruise control so the right leg gets really cramped. You have a good mpg average there for age of your toy, I'd take that any day.

Have a speedy recovery!

Gary