Water Heater Door (where can I find one?)

I have a 1985 Escaper with a missing water heater door. I can't identify the manufacturer based on any markings discernible to me. The rough opening is approx 12 X 12. I can post pics, but I'm guessing this is a common appliance. As I typed that last sentence I realized there is nothing common about these things, except people's passion for them. 

Anyway, where can I get a door? Also my fridge one is a piece of plywood, and I'd really like to make that look nice too.

Thanks All!

They have a tendency to blow off if not properly latched maybe a web site with some pictures might help you.

Worst case, you can go to HD or Lowe’s and purchase a cold air return register for HVAC. They come in various sizes, usually made of Aluminum and attach with 2 screws. White is the most common color. You could always paint to match.

Depends on the make/model... and some exact measurements would help. I just replaced the door on my original Atwood G4-6 4gal with this colonial white, 6gal replacement, which was 18”x14-1/2”. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002UC6UAA/ref=cm_sw_r_em_api_i_XcpdFbKSR6WZX

Perfect fit for mine and not a bad color match.

The refrigerator doors were made to have panels inserted. Someone apparently put a piece of plywood in yours. I am not sure if you need to remove the door to insert a new one but you can cut one out of any thin panel. Laminate, wood paneling, even a opaque plexiglass. They make some very cool plexiglass panels now. The water heater door is the standard size for the smaller Suburban water heaters. I usually buy eBay

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313.TR2.TRC1.A0.H0.Xsuburban+water+heater+door.TRS0&_nkw=suburban+water+heater+door&_sacat=50067&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=50067&_odkw=water+heater+door

Linda S

The Domedic had a thin metal sheet so there isn't much room not sure how they got a piece of plywood in there.

2 hours ago, Derek up North said:

"Also my fridge one is a piece of plywood ..."

I guess I'm the only one who interpreted this to mean the outside fridge 'door'. :)

You are correct, Sir! 

Mine is almost square. Take a look. Most of what I see are rectangular.

IMG_3057.jpeg

Like I said it's a Suburban. The Atwood doors are rectangle. It also looks like a flush mount. Use a Ebay link I posted or Google it. For the outside fridge access door you need post pics and give us model number. 

Linda S

40 minutes ago, linda s said:

Like I said it's a Suburban. The Atwood doors are rectangle. It also looks like a flush mount. Use a Ebay link I posted or Google it. For the outside fridge access door you need post pics and give us model number. 

Linda S

Thank you very much, Linda! The Suburban covers look to be what I need. 

The fridge is a dometic RM461 Gas/Electric. 

IMG_1881.jpeg

About a hundred bucks but top and bottom will match and will upgrade look. Your fridge size is listed

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dometic-Fridge-Vent-Set-for-Electrolux-or-Dometic-3-way-Caravan-Fridge/131509386790?hash=item1e9e91fe26:g:GBgAAOSwipleiatd

Yes it's from Australia. Got to buy them where you can find them.

Linda S

Never mind. The listing must be wrong. No way that would fit. Need measurements please

On 7/15/2020 at 8:27 PM, linda s said:

About a hundred bucks but top and bottom will match and will upgrade look. Your fridge size is listed

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dometic-Fridge-Vent-Set-for-Electrolux-or-Dometic-3-way-Caravan-Fridge/131509386790?hash=item1e9e91fe26:g:GBgAAOSwipleiatd

Yes it's from Australia. Got to buy them where you can find them.

Linda S

Never mind. The listing must be wrong. No way that would fit. Need measurements please

The opening measurements for the area the door apparently occupied are 21.5 wide X 13.25 tall. 

• 3 weeks later...