Replaced the timing belt on our 93, or so I thought dolphin today. I’ve owned 20+ 94 and older Toyota trucks but this being our first motorhome. I thought since the title shows it being a 93 I would get a timing belt, tensioner and water pump and be golden. 92, Which Is what our chassis is, is the last year of a spring tensioner, 93 having a  hydraulic tensioner. Luckily after a trip to Bangor I was able to piece together the parts. Any way just a quick lesson so others don’t mix up the chassis year with the coach year. So mice made a mess on top of the crank shaft gear making the engine skip timing. Brought it in the house and soaked It in the sink before scraping all the mess off. Lesson is keep mice away!! Take care 

B1FD50E9-4B5D-47D1-8C64-F7F7B91B562E.jpeg

CFE29D57-E6D9-46AE-8F9F-678A28A55E76.jpeg

42B8AA91-824A-44C7-83BC-30C200E0B7C3.jpeg

how hard is the job? I just got off the phone with my brother who also has a 93 dolphin 550 model and asked him how many miles he has on his. He has 93k and doesn't know if the belt has been changed or not. we have a mechanic buddy who said the job is a real pain in the As*. looks much harder than my 22re lol .

Its not bad, just need a bit of mechanical background. It takes me 6 roughly hours including coffee breaks and shooting the bull. 22RE's, have chains not belts. I have owned some with over 300k with the original chain, you should be good for eternity.

The old 20R and early 22R had a double roller timing chain they would outlast the engine I think it was 82 they went to a single roller chain they started to rattle around 150K That's a bigger job than a timing belt in the 3 liter.