Diagnosed a faulty a/c pressure switch which was erratically short cycling the compressor.. question is: Does this things let out Freon when it’s removed or is there a valve built in that cuts keeps the system sealed when I remove it? I just had the system tested and filled up (to discover the switch needs replaced.) thanks

edit: cab a/c

Edited by pachudzik

It does have a check valve so you will lose little (it says here in the fine print) I don't think it will cause short cycling because of its location but it's worth a try they are fairly  cheap.

The only pressure switch I know of on my V6 is attached to the evaporator.  The evaporator must be removed to replace it,  so the system must be evacuated! Fun job!   I am sure there is a way to test the switch without removing it,  but cannot think of it at the moment.

22.PNG

Edited by jjrbus

There are two types that one is full pressure it will leak freon no check valve. It either is closed or open there is no inbetween. so if it has enough freon it will be closed (zero resistance) is it is low it will off (infinite resistance) If it is low on freon (not empty) it very possibly could cycle on and off.